Royalty Barra Hotel

Avenida do Pepe, 690, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, 22620-170, Brazil
(4 star hotel)

Family Travel Business Travel Singles
See Amenities

Run away from this trap!

by written on August 5, 2011

We booked 60 rooms for a business meeting last July. The total expenses in the hotel was around USD 100.000 but we regret of the choosen.

Our clients faced so many problems that is difficult to start the report.
-Front Desk is terrible – sarcastic, bad mood, bad service. A special employee, an Argentinian named Pablo is the leader of the gang. The serviced offered is so bad that some of my clients just gave up of complaining.
-Water in the safe box! Yes, true – one client from Iraq, after pay for the right of use his room safe box (I travel around the world and never been charged for this service even in 5 stars hotels) put his belongs into the safe. Next day, when he opened the safe box, everything was damage by water! There was 3 fingers if water deep in the safe. Of course, front desk did not gave a sh… for that.
-Pressing service was about USD 60,00 for a costume!
-Problems with water supply in the morning when some water bomb collapsed and our guests stayed lost, without water and information of course.
-Client from Pakistan hadn’t his room made up after 2 days of request.
-No one in the telephone desk speak English. In the whole hotel.

I seriously was ashamed to present my city in such a bad hotel. Run away from this trap!

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/2126db/#ixzz1UBdN4vNR

Unique Quality: Just location.

Directions: Avenida do Pepe, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Run away from this trap!

by written on August 5, 2011

Our clients faced so many problems that is difficult to start the report.
-Pressing service was about USD 60,00 for a costume!
-Client from Pakistan hadn’t his room made up after 2 days of request.
-No one in the telephone desk speak English. In the whole hotel.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/2126db/#ixzz1UBdN4vNR

Unique Quality: Just location.

Directions: Avenida do Pepe, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Terrible and Insulting Front Desk

by written on June 18, 2011

• The reservation for the Master Oceanic room was made 1 week ahead.
• I arrive at 21:30 for performing the check-in. The lobby was full of travelers that were delayed due to their flight cancellation related to the Volcano in Chili.
• At 22:00, a receptionist kindly explained that they were having difficulty due to the Volcano in Chili and kindly requested to be understanding and to return in 20 to 30 minutes and that my room would then be ready.
• I cordially left and returned at 23:00 providing twice the time requested for preparing the room. Upon my return, the lobby was finally freed from the delayed travelers. I was nevertheless requested to wait another 15 to 30 minutes and informed that room was still not ready.
• I then complained that I have been waiting for almost two hours and that a discount should be given for my lost time or possibly even provide a free night. Marcelo replied ironically that I could make a suggestion in the suggestion box. The sarcastic comment was inappropriate and unnecessary and no apologies were given for the late room.
• At 23:15, Front Desk informed me that a lower standard room would be given instead of the pre-paid Master Oceanic room. I complained that I was told almost two hours ago that my room would be ready and they were now given me a lower standard room. He insisted that no other room was available. I responded that I would take the room but that they would have to provide a discount considering that they were not providing the room standard paid by the company at a higher rate.
• Instead of responding that someone would get in contact with us the next day to provide a discount or rectify the situation, he simply responded that we should complain with the reservation center because there was nothing he could do.
• I requested to speak to the manager and was told that there was no manager. Considering the difficult evening, it is not justified that no manager or concierge was available. I complained that they should have a manager available or someone able to take a decision to address my complaint and providing the discount for the lower standard room without having to call the reservation center. I was told that if I was not satisfied I should go to another hotel !!!
• I was very disappointed to be treated with sarcasm and to be told to go to another hotel if I was not satisfied.
• If you are looking for an hotel which will charge you for a room and give you a lower standard room for the same price and be treated badly, this is the hotel to choose.

Unique Quality: Insulting front desk.
Will give you any room at no discount price even if you paid for an higher standard.

Nearby Royalty Barra Hotel

• Fitness Center
  • Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast

Rio de Janeiro Travel Forum

Need advice about Rio de Janeiro, Brazil? Visit the Travel Forum for Rio de Janeiro and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rio de Janeiro hotel reviews

Going by bus
Lapa
Garota De Ipanema
Restaurants
Churrascaria (all you can eat)
Casa da Matriz
Petrópolis
Off The Beaten Path
Búzios
Off The Beaten Path
Tremendous trip with my friend Carlos in Rio!!
Corcovado
Pao de Acucar
Recommended visit!
A Great Samba Club in the Lapa
Nightlife
Most gorgeous view of the city
Things to Do
Rio seems safe - we had a good time
Things to Do
From Galeão Airport toTerminal Alvorada by BRT.
TIJUCA FOREST : Stunning biodiversity into a city
Great meat sandwiches
Feijoada - slave food
Bars all over the city
Nightlife
Green on green with flowers