Ana Magaro s/n Hanga Roa, Hanga Roa Isla de Pascua, Chile

Satisfaction Average

Costs 135% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• kiwigal_1's Profile Photo

Hotel Iorana

We booked our accommodation at the Hotel Iorana through the tour company Aku Aku Tours. The hotel is located close to the airport in a sector that is slightly removed from the busier areas in Hanga Roa but still within walking distance. The building is spread out in a V formation, one storey high with all the rooms offering sea views from a small balcony. The room we were given had a queen size bed and two singles beds. The bathroom had a very good shower (good pressure and hot water) over a bath. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel had its own restaurant which I would rate as just ok. The breakfast was plentiful (included in the room price), but if possible I would recommend eating in Hanga Roa. The hotel also has a swimming pool next to the restaurant with sea views and palm trees.

• wadekorzan's Profile Photo

We liked this place very much

This hotel is kind of quiet and certainly not in the center of Hanga Roa, but we really, really liked it. As we had a rental car, and the island is so small, there was no need to be right in town. (In fact, I don't really remember seeing hotels in town). In any case, the atmosphere was very nice, the rooms very comfortable and clean, and the views of the coast were really very beautiful. The hotel is more top end, but I mean top end for the island. There are no big hotels on the island like Sheraton, Marriot, etc. So if you are looking for a clean and great place to stay, I can recommend this hotel. I do believe the rooms are about $150 per night during the high season, but the again, it was worth it I think.

Unique Quality: Really beautiful views of the coast

More about Iorana Hotel

Tour Package - Aku Aku Turismo

by kiwigal_1

As we already had flights organised through airpoints all we needed to book was a hotel and then the tours that we wanted to do. We decided to get a tour & accommodation package with Aku Aku Turismo for a 4 day/3 night programme which included the following:
* Receiving us at the airport with a flower necklace
* Transfers between airport and hotel
* Accommodation with continental breakfast at Hotel Iorana
* 1/2 day excursion to Tahai arqueological complex, Rano Kau volcano, Orongo ceremonial town and entrance fees to the Rapa Nui National Park
* 1 full day excursion with picnic lunch to see the Vaihu temples, Akahanga, Tongariki, Te Pito Kura, Nau Nau, Rano Raraku quarry and Anakena beach
* 1/2 day excursion to see Ahu Vinapu, Ahu Akivi, Te Pahu caves and Puna Pau quarry.

All of the tours were bilingual Spanish and English with a tour guide.

The total cost was 420 USD each person (based on a Superior Double Accommodation).

I was very happy with the quality of the tours that we undertook and the service that Aku Aku provided us. I thought the accommodation would have been better but having looked around the island I am not convinced that there is really good quality accommodation available.

Comments