Easter Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1735
Taura'a: Australia Polynesia Connection

It is owned by Bill who is from Oz and his wife Edith who is Rapa Nui but had lived in Australia. Her family also owns Kaimann Inn as well as the restaurant of that name on the main street.

Because of its location, its convenience, view from the hotel, and this being Easter Island, a double room would cost you 150 dollars.

English language tours are on the offer.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 9, 2014

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1735

INAHI UKI: Centrally Located, Comfortable. Good Price

When I decided to pay a return visit to the Island, I began checking out the accommodations and was pleasantly surprised that average price for a hotel room was between 100 and 200 dollars. There were two hostels and even they were edging to 50 dollar range.
Inahi Uki had good reviews on the various websites but when I read that the owner/manager Alvaro Jr had lived in Australia for 15 years, I decided to get in touch with him, even though the hotel booking sites said the hotel was full for the days that I wanted to be there.
He was away in the Continent but replied soon saying he had talked to his mother and there would be a room available for the three nights I was planning to stay.
I was pleased when he said for single accommodation it would be 30 000 CP or 60 dollars US.. so it was a good price.

The owner manager is Alvaro Atan Jr who manages the place with his brother and his parents. His father is a Rapa Nui. Alvaro had lived in Australia for 15 years so those visitors who are a bit short on English, would be very helpful. He also runs tours on demand of the island mingled with stories of his family.
it is right on the main road so after eating or visiting someone at night, the way back is lighted and safe of course.
the structure is basic. a room with a double bed, attached bathroom, with toilet, washbasin and a shower with hot water. The room was cleaned daily and remember you are in Easter Island and necessities are luxury here if you want them. There is good strength wifi which can be had at common areas as well as the room. There is a kitchenette on both wings with coffee maker, refrigerator etc, so those who wish to prepare their own meals can do so.
I will recommend and return to the place and I was satisfied with my stay.

• Written January 6, 2014

• pure1942 profile photo pure1942
  • Reviews: 1189

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Camping Mihinoa: Budget Accommodation

Easter Island is an expensive place to visit and as we visited as part of a year-long round the world trip we were on a very strict budget. Accommodation options for budget travellers aren’t hugely plentiful in Hanga Roa but Camping Mihinoa is a perfect place for backpackers and budget travellers. Located just a short stroll from central Hanga Roa, this friendly family run place is beautifully situated just metres from the coast and close to Caleta Hanga Piko.
The most common form of accommodation here is camping although there is basic but comfortable dorm accommodation ($15) and more expensive private rooms available too (ranging from $33 - $45). You can pitch your own tent for $11 per person or you can rent a tent, with mat and sleeping bag for a very reasonable $12 per person. The cost includes the use of a kitchen and there is a common room and outdoor seating area...which are great for meeting other like minded travellers.
The toilets and showers are basic but do the trick. (Watch your water consummation as water is a limited luxury on this small, isolated island). There is a great atmosphere here in the evenings and it is very easy to meet other people. Internet and Wi-Fi (very slow) is available with Wi-fi supposed to cost around $7 for the entire duration of your stay (Not really worth it as, more often than not, the internet wasn’t working, but as we weren’t actually charged at the end we weren’t too bothered :)
Falling asleep in your cosy sleeping bag with the waves of the Pacific crashing against the rocks nearby was a perfect way to end each magical day on Rapa Nui, especially after enjoying a cold beer (or several) and watching another glorious sunset in the company of a great mix of people. You can also prepare a BBQ at the onsite fire-pit.
Camping Mihinoa can also arrange bike and scooter hire (although you will probably find a better deal in town) and they also run guided tours of the island but we can’t vouch for these as we didn’t use them.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written November 2, 2011

Our Tent at Mihinoa

• milliturtle profile photo milliturtle
  • Reviews: 77

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Tiare Pacific: It's Practically an Airport Hotel

This is a pretty small hotel, which seems to be pretty common with most hotels on the island. The price of the hotel included transportation, a Rapa Nui welcome, breakfast, and wi-fi.

Christian picked us up from the airport and gave us a quick tour of Hanga Roa, pointing out the nearby sites and good (and cheap) places to eat. Imagine our surprise when we arrived almost where we started - basically, the hotel was almost as close to the plane as the airport terminal! That said, since there is generally only 1 plane arriving and leaving a few days each week, being close to the airport wasn't really a big deal.

The room was very clean and spacious and the beds are comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast, which includes fresh juice, toasted muffins, and ham / cheese / eggs. The hotel itself is sort of in the outskirts of town, though it is just a 15 minute walk to the restaurants area. The area is mostly residential, so you'll need to walk 5-10 minutes to the main street to get things like water or supplies. (We found the "cheapest" water at Hitu 7 mini-market.) It is pretty easy to get a taxi there.

There are 2 things I should point out:
- Christian and his wife speak mostly Spanish. There was a guy who spoke English when we checked in, but we hadn't seen him since that time, so he may only be around to help with the check-in process. Also, when you make reservations by email, you will probably need to communicate in Spanish.

- Also, they only accept cash - CLP and USD, so make sure you bring enough.

Comfortable rooms, good breakfast.

• Written February 9, 2011

Hotel Tiare Pacific

• foona profile photo foona
  • Reviews: 14

Manavai Hotel: Great location

The hotel is situated in a tropical garden in the middle of Hanga Roa. The rooms are rather basic, but the beds were good and the bathroom clean.

We did not spend much time at the hotel, but the garden is really nice. Among the trees and bushes you'll find small sculptures.

There's also a pool.

• Related to: Archeology, Backpacking
  • Written December 7, 2009

• Lunaina profile photo Lunaina
  • Reviews: 230

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Teora cabin: Very nice, with the ocean at your window!

A great place to stay!!!

Owner Sharon rents out three cabins, two are below and have access to a nice garden, but go for the most expensive one if you want to enjoy the oceanview, it is worth it! The best place on Hanga Roa.

Sharon's dog Michigan is always around. He went with us for a walk to the vulcano. He is a very pleasant dog.
Sharon or her assistent are most often around for questions and help. They will greet you when you arrive at the airport and also give you a warm goodbye.

ocean at your balcony!
a very nice dog named Michigan

• Written October 24, 2009
Tip Photo

• evmiller profile photo evmiller
  • Reviews: 1

Chez Oscar: Home away from home on Easter Island

I highly recomend the 'Chez Oscar' residencial. I arrived on Easter Island with no accomodation as I had been unsure of making my connection in Santiago. Wilma from the Chez Oscar was at the airport when I arrived. The price was right (at 30$/night) so I took her up on the offer and was very pleasantly surprised to find the place fabulous. Spotlessly clean room, private bathroom, hot water (ask for a room with hot water, there are 3 rooms but only 2 have hot water!) Great breakfast in the morning with fresh juice. (the sound of the blender had smiles on our faces). Incredibly friendly and homey. I arrived a single traveler, but the fact that this place caters to budget travelors means open friendly people and no shortage of company if you want it. Wilma was able to easily and quickly (as in within 20 minutes) arrange for scooter or car rentals to be brought right to her door.

very basic, but completely adequate
Close to the airport (remember only 2 flights a day onto or off of island, so noise not a problem)
10 minute walk to center of town
pretty yard
pleasant porch
book exchange for those on 'extended' vacations :)
wonderful accomodating hostess

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Archeology, Budget Travel
  • Written March 24, 2009
Tip Photo

hanging out on the porch

• mad4travel profile photo mad4travel
  • Reviews: 601

Hanga Roa: Links to hotels

I can't recommend a specific hotel but here are some links that may help you find accomodation:

• Written November 29, 2008

• melosh profile photo melosh
  • Reviews: 395
Multiple: Choosing a place to stay upon arrival

It certainly makes sense to do some research on VT etc. looking for a place that fits your style and making a reservation before you arrive, but when you arrive at the airport on Easter Island you will certainly be met at the luggage pickup area by representatives of hostels, hotels and the camping area even if you do not have reservations. They may have counter space, but will approach you while you await your baggage. They will offer you free transfer to their place. It seemed all very friendly and relaxed, consistent with the laid back island culture.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 29, 2008

Real small airport, fake Maoi

• Skibbe profile photo Skibbe
  • Reviews: 567

Residencial Tahai: A Home at the End of the World

From the time I got off the plane and they greeted me with a flower lei (despite the wind and rain) to when they took me back to the airport, the family that runs this place made me feel like an honored guest. It really was like staying with friends. I had terrific meals (love the fresh tuna) on their porch by a beautiful garden and Patricio was an excellent guide. My room was huge and for a great price. It is out from the town a bit so you have to get used to walking if you stay there. But it was so worth it to have experiences like drinking tea on their porch or going to the local Catholic church with Teresa. They really made my stay on this island.

Do be patient if you visit here. They were generally reliable but sometimes ran on island time and that was just too much for one tourist staying there to take when his breakfast was late. I was embarrassed for all of Western civilization. If you can't stop watching the clock, why come here?

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written June 29, 2008

• riocopa profile photo riocopa
  • Reviews: 29

teora: my own cabin

Teora Guest cabin consists of 3 self contained units ,i had the upper room overlooking the ocean and in the distance you could see Tahai Complex,full kitchen,more of a large studio apartment,very clean,and quiet,walking distance to town

almost a 360 degree views,wonderful breeze blowing thru the very large windows,hot shower,the owner was away during my stay,but left me in the hands of Luna,a very capible young girl from Denmark to take care of anything you needed,and Michky the dog,allways took a walk awith you for company

• Written April 27, 2008

view from bedroom window

• jmbakewell profile photo jmbakewell
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tahai Residencial, Easter Island: Disrespectful, dishonest

I recently was a guest at Tahai Residencial, Easter Island. Teresa, a daughter of the owner, Maria, treated the guests with disrespect and dishonesty. Due to my planned extended stay, she agreed to offer me a discount. When I was paying her the agreed upon nightly amount, she denied offering me a discount. In fact, she insisited that I should pay for an additional night, plus extra for a breakfast (which is supposed to be included ). When I objected, she humiliated me by telling me she would have to teach me how to count, 'just like you are in kindergarten'. After spending over half and hour counting up the nights with her, she recanted, saying reluctantly that I was correct. She did not apologize for her behavoir towards me. Other guests also told me that she tried the same scam on them. She also wanted to borrow money from me (and other guests), saying she did not have any money, and that she would promptly reimburse me. She never repaid me (or other guests). She was extremely bossy, telling me where to put my luggage in my room, blaming me for the moldy shower curtain, etc. She gave guests little privacy. Other guests were also treated rudely and with disrespect.
It was extremely noisy at night... dogs barking loudly all night long. The breakfasts were basic, nothing special.
I chose to stay at Tahai due to an outstanding, glowing review of the place on Virtual Tourist. I, along with other guests could not wait to get out of there. Unfortunately, once on Easter Island, it can be very difficult to change accomodations. DO NOT STAY AT TAHAI RESIDENCIAL.

The garden is beautiful.
Patricio, is the best guide on Easter Island. His wife, Fatima, is Teresa's sister.
You can go on his tour without staying at Tahai Residencial. Google Easter Island Tours.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Archeology, Budget Travel
  • Written February 16, 2008

• hieritomoana profile photo hieritomoana
  • Reviews: 2

Kaimana Inn B&B: New family hotel at easter island

I recommend this new bed and breakfast to every one that is looking for a safe, calm, cheap and centrical accomodation.
The owners are very kindly, the food are excellent, the room are very clean and comfortable.
web :www.kaimanapub.com
The service are complete, washing machine, safety box, frigobar, 24 hours front desk, restaurant, customized attention, only 6 room availability, internet, telephone, credit card, US dollar, Euro, Chilean pesos accepted.
The room are new like just used, bed, bathrooms accesories, floor, frigobar.
Also they can arranged all type of excursions, ridding horses, trekking, rent a car, motorcycles, tours, etc.
You will feel like at home with your friends.

The relation quality v/s price is excellent, the best in the town.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Horse Riding, Family Travel
  • Written December 13, 2007
Tip Photo

• krissyM profile photo krissyM
  • Reviews: 281

Hotel Poike: I Would Stay Here Again

We ended up at Hotel Poike by accident as we got bumped from the hotel we were supposed to be staying at. We booked the accoodations as a package deal so I'm not sure exactly how much we paid a night. The hotel was very quaint about a 10 minute walk from the main street in Hanga Roa. SO it was in a good location. It was also close to the many artisian markets and Pea Beach where the Moais are located.
The owner of the hotel was very nice and accomodating. She spoke enough english that communication was not a problem.
Breakfast was provided which consisted of breads, cheeses and tea/coffee. Typical South American breakfast fare.
The hotel had hot water and the rooms were cleaned daily. I would definately stay here again.

• Written August 14, 2007

• EdwinDay profile photo EdwinDay
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Te'ora: Easter Island's Best Hotel ("Residential")

My wife and I just got home from a trip to Easter Island. We stayed at Te'ora, a "residential" type hotel. The accommodations were terrific. Believe me, there's no place better to stay on the island. (We heard some less-than-flattering reports about some of the other hotels.) The owner Sharon and her assistant Luna were fabulous. Our room was clean and well-appointed, the hotel is ocean front with a great view, it is convenient to town, had a washer and dryer (which we used), and internet access via Sharon's computer if you might wish. Sharon responds promptly to e-mail inquiries about the hotel (the other hotels I tried to contact didn't respond at all). Value for the money unbeatable. Just a great place.

Great location, great view, great owner and assistant, great value, great dog (Michigan).

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Archeology