Chile

Mana Nui Inn
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Deliscious breakfast

Breakfast was from 8.00 till 10.00

And breakfast was different every day.

Every day there was a different juice, different fruit.

There was daily fresh bread with ham and cheese.

Anyway it was a great way to start the day.

Normally they serve breakfast on the terrace just in front of your room, but as it was pretty cold in the morning and rainy (from time to time), breakfast was always in the main building.

Unique Quality: great variety on fresh juices and fresh fruit

Warm Welcome

After a long flight, I arrived finally at Easter Island.

The airport on Easter Island is not very big, so it looked pretty busy when our plane landed.

So it took me some time to find my welcome party. But the welcome was very warm and charming.

The young lady (daughter of Bicky) gave me a flower necklace.

And then on the way to the hotel she pointed me some interesting places, like good restaurants, super market, tourist office, post office, ....

Unique Quality: the warm welcome with the flower necklace

Clean rooms

The room was big, certainly as I was on my own, you could easily sleep with 3 persons.

There was a small television with two channels, one local, and one Chilean.

There was also a fridge.

The bathroom was super clean, and there was hot water.

From the room you could see the see, and even the Moai's at the Tahai area.

You could admire the beautiful sunset from the terrace in front of the room.

It was almost like in paradise.

Friendliest place in town

If there is one place where you can search and find good lodging, then look no further search this Virtual tourist site.

Indeed as I did read the super positive reactions of several VT members on this lodging place, I was sure, no need to search any further, this is the place to be.

And the positive reactions were correct; this is just a great place to stay.

Check the website for vacancy and prices

It is also easy to book vis the website.

Unique Quality: The warm family atmosphere

• Mana Niu Inn Sucks

Very very bad service, actually, no service at all.

The lady hosting the family forced me to stay in Mana Nui inn for more days than I wanted. Very bad attitude to people who does not speak Spanish.

Absolutely a nightmare staying in that family based hostel, facility's crap.

• sswagner's Profile Photo

Friendly people, good value, and great location

This is an example of a residenciales (guest house) that are common to Easter Island. Hotels exist here, yet this type of accommodation really works well here. The owner, Bicky, made me feel at home. She and her staff always greeted guests with a smile, and one could tell that they are genuine people. She helped me to arrange for the mountain bike for a week so that I could explore this marvelous island. Each morning started with a very filling and tasty breakfast. It is served on the porch right outside the rooms. In the cool morning air, breakfast was always a pleasant experience. The rooms are clean and well kept. There is a TV, which I never used, as well as a refrigerator, which I did find very useful. Hot and cold water was readily available. Tap water is safe for drinking, and I used it for the day to day adventures. Bicky met me at the airport and also drove me back a week later. She greets her guest with a nice floral lei and sees them off with a shell necklace.

Unique Quality: The ocean is visible and very close. The first night, I thought I heard the wind at first, and then realized it was the ocean. Just a few minutes of walking brings one to the Tahai complex, which is great for sunsets and morning walks. The guesthouse is just to the north of the main part of Hanga Roa, therefore a lot of useful places such as the grocery store and restaurants are within walking distance. There are gardens on the property, and they are very attractive.

• Yush2112's Profile Photo

A great place to stay!

I had an absolutely great time staying here whilst I was on Rapa Nui. From the airport, Patricia (Bicky and Exequiel's daughter) picked me up and welcomed me to the island with a freshly made flower necklace. Then she gave me a brief tour of the local area as we made our way to the cabins.

The cabins are located near the Tahai area and had some cool Moai's within a few mins walk. The room I stayed in was very nice and had all the mod cons that a traveller needs.

A very nice breakfast was served on my balcony every morning and one of the resident pet dogs Odie or Oudi (never did find out how to spell his name!) would come and see me so I could give him some tidbits. He was very cute!

As my flight off the island was at night I was wondering what i'd be able to do with my bags etc but Bicky insisted I could use the room right up until I had to leave so that was very nice of her.

Overall, a great experience, a great place to stay and a very interesting island!! Highly recommended!

Unique Quality: Great location to nearby moai's
    Great service and hearty breakfast

Directions: Near Tahai - a minute walk from the cemetary

• knowtoryous's Profile Photo

Sweet house with amazing view

I contacted Exequiel and Bicky (the owners) to see if they could accommodate 5 people at their guest cottages and they rented one of their houses to us at $120. US a night (We where there for a week). The house rocked ( 2 bedroom, 1 queen room the other had 2 twins, and 1 twin bed in living room) with a deck off the front facing ocean, as did the hosts Exequiel (an ex LanChile captain) and his wife Bicky (amazing local Rapa Nui women) along with their daughter Patricia (who is stunning- an runner up in the Miss Chile contest and a dancer with the Kari Kari group) The house and other cottages sits just a few blocks up from town (5 min. walk) in the best location across the road from the ocean and the impressive Tahai complex of Moai and the local cemetery.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Simple charms

Picking up the advice of fellow VTer, easyoar, and the word of our well-thumbed guidebook to Chile and Easter Island, we opted for the Mana Nui Inn, and were more than happy with our choice. From our first enquiries via the internet right through to our final farewell at the airport the night we left, the owners, Bicky Nahoe and her husband, Exquil, and their family, could not have been more helpful and hospitable. Exquil was away from the island whilst we were there so our contact with him was via a some emails and a couple of phone conversations once we were actually on the island, Bicky's English and our Spanish being on about a par! Bicky and her daughters were charming.

One of their daughters (who spoke excellent English, but who left for her job on the mainland next day) met us at the airport, took us for a tour around the town on our way to the house where she answered our questions, and provided maps and an excellent overview of what to expect and how best to see the island while Bicky brought us delicious chilled guava juice. It was a great start to our stay and certainly set the tone for the next few days. A fellow guest obviously felt the same way - he had returned for his 3rd visit to the island, staying at Mana Nui each time. We would do the same if we were to return.

Unique Quality: Come morning we were able to take in what Mana Nui had to offer - starting with a delicious and copious breakfast served on the little terrace of our cabana with a view of the sea and the moai of Ahu Tahai. Our cabana - comprised of a large bedroom, bathroom and the aforementioned small terrace - stood on its own in the garden, there are four more in a row further back in the compound, all with similar views and amenities. Although simple, the cabanas were comfortable, with lots of hot water and good water pressure in the bathroom, and were kept spotlessly clean. Breakfast was usually served on our veranda, though on our last day, as it was raining, we went over to the main house for freshly made pancakes and home made jam - guava of course!

Mana Nui is a 15 minute or so walk from the centre of town, the museum is about the same distance further down the road. Ahu Tahai - the favourite spot for sunset-watching - is just a few yards away, and the unique and colourful cemetery is right near the entrance gate. The dogs mentioned by a couple of other VTers were, as easyoar says - pussycats, and we were treated to morning visits each day from a beautiful foal. What a lovely, tranquil way to start the day.

Directions: 15 minutes from the centre of town, near the cemetery

Ask for Bicky's house - everyone knows who you mean.

• easyoar's Profile Photo

A great place to stay.

We were reading the virtualtourist tips on Easter Island, and noticed that CulturalCompetence gave such a good review to the Mana Nui Inn, we thought we would try it ourselves. Basically everything he said was spot on. We stayed one week there and were made to feel extremely welcome. The room was clean and tidy although a little basic and hot water wasn't a problem either. Staying with one of the Islanders (albeit in a separate room - one of two just behind her house) seems to draw you into island much better than staying in a hotel where you are just another face. Although officially the room is on a bed and breakfast basis (you eat breakfast with Bicky and her family and are encouraged to ask anything you like about the island), it is not uncommon to be invited in for a evening coffee and just generally made to feel like one of the family. The warning about dogs in CulturalCompetences tip still applies although the dog is now a Boxer called Taa-tan. He was initially a little hostile, but the moment we was introduced to us he turned into a pussycat, and he has been trained not to enter the house (or rooms) so it's easy to escape him too. The rooms are also just a few minutes walk from several Moais and about a 10-15 mins walk to the museum.

Unique Quality: Clean rooms with hot water. Very friendly owners. Nice view down to the sea and several Moai (stone heads). Spectacular sunsets in the evening - the sun sets right behind the Moai. You honestly feel that Bicky really wants you to enjoy the island and goes beyond your expectations to do this.

• CulturalCompetence's Profile Photo

Hospitable and clean guesthouse

This place was FANTASTIC! The owners (Exquil & Bicky) were extremely hospitable! Exquil speaks excellent English and Spanish; Bicky speaks Spanish and Rapa Nui. Exquil is a former LanChile pilot who lived in Chile most of his life. Bicky is an extremely empowered Rapa Nui woman who raised her daughters to appreciate and celebrate the Rapa Nui culture while also motivating them to earn college degrees. If you want interesting intellectual conversation, the Mana Nui Inn is the place for you! Both Exquil and Bicky were happy to share information about the island and the Rapa Nui people. This is one of the most intriguing cultures on earth and our hosts had firsthand knowledge to guide our experience. The accomodation consists of two guest houses that are just behind Bicky and Exquil's house. The room was simple, yet clean and decorated tastefully. Hot water was never a problem. Breakfast was served (with our hosts) every morning and was simply delicious! Bicky and Exquil also own a rental company, therefore it was easy to rent bikes, motorcycles, and 4wd vehicles. You have to like dogs if you stay here, however. Their dog, Hatu, was a very loving animal, however his bark and size could be intimidating to those who aren't dog lovers.

Unique Quality: Exquil personally picked us up at the airport and gave us beautiful flower leighs! A spectacular Iorana (welcome)! Upon arrival, he also gave us a tour of the main roads. The Mana Nui Inn is located behind Tahai, the main political & religion ceremonial center of the Southeast side of the island. You could literally walk to the moais at the edge of the ocean. The Inn is on a hill, therefore the moais against the backdrop of a sunset was absolutely spectacular! This place is a little peice of heaven! :-)

Directions: http://www.rapanuiweb.com/mananui/