Apina Nui S/N, Chile

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 87% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• obcbreeze's Profile Photo

Basic, but Nice

Like others have said before, this is not a 5 star hotel, but remember this is Easter Island. We stayed in a bungalow, which was clean and well kept. It completely met our needs. When we arrived at the airport they were waiting for us, gave us a brief tour of the island and got us situated at the hotel. We had a 0800 Sunday morning flight back to Santigao, they had breakfast waiting for us and transport back to the airport.

Unique Quality: The bungalow had a nice patio, which looked out to the ocean. Very nice and restful.
    Yes there are chickens and a couple of roosters. They are very tame, and even showed up on the patio a few times looking for a handout. The hotel arranged a private, full day tour, which was awesome, highly recommended. Sofia was great.

• sirhc's Profile Photo

One of the island's better accomodations

Taha Tai was a cozy accomodation about a block away from the ocean. Rooms can be rented facing the ocean or to a courtyard with a pool. Chickens and very friendly dogs roam freely about the grounds. The staff was courteous and breakfast was substantial. You can book anything you want at the front desk.

Unique Quality: All the views are great on Easter Island. The pool was kid friendly and convenient. They sold souvenirs at the front desk which were basically the same what you could get anywhere, but at a higher price.

Directions: The hotel offers free transportation to and from the airport. Other than that, you can just walk around, get a tour, or rent a vehicle

More about Taha Tai Hotel

Lodging

by txmx1144

Has anyone ever stayed at Mirador Tahai? This was recommended to me by a travel agent, but I can't find any information about this lodging.

by mccalpin

Do you suppose the travel agent meant the "Taha Tai" hotel? See http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/South_America/Chile/Easter_Island/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Easter_Island-Taha_Tai_Hotel-BR-1.html

Bill

by txmx1144

I don't know. I'll check with the lady who is helping me. Thanks for your suggestion.

by Odinnthor

Mirador is an area there, that I believe is close to the Rapa Nui National Park. However, I have heard of a "Cabanas Mirador Tahai". It is a private place by owner. I know it is there, so went looking, and I found it. So ask your agent if it is the Cabanas Mirador Tahai. If it is, you appear to be in luck, but i cannot tell you if it is a good choice or not. The only reason I know there is such a place, is because I had a conversation about the Mirador part with a local, who mentioned it as a point of a Mirador name being away from the Mirador area. Here it is.

The Taha Tahai is pretty good, but the Hotel Hangiroa is better. It is was the first hotel on the island and still the best, - unless they have built new and better ones in the last few years

Hope this helps.........d:o)

by Odinnthor

The full name is "Cabanas El Mirador de Tahai"........d:o)

by mccalpin