Senoret 267, Puerto Natales, 267, Chile

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• milliturtle's Profile Photo

Friendly, Cosy B&B

We really enjoyed our stay at the B&B. The owner, Rodrigo, is extremely helpful and friendly. He helped buy our tickets so we can board the bus from Punta Arenas at the airport on pretty short notice. He also helped us arrange a day tour to see the glaciers and a special extension to tour the Torres del Paine at the end of our catamaran / zodiac trip. He also gave us some tips for restaurants, shops, and sightseeing in Puerto Natales. On the morning of our day tour, he even walked with us to the docks so we can board the catamaran on time.

The B&B is not very big - I think there may be 7 rooms available - but clean and cosy. There is free wifi. The breakfast was pretty simple but good and there was a large selection of drinks available to us at all times.

The pre-trip communication was pretty good as well.

Unique Quality: Friendly and helpful proprietor.

Directions: 1/2 block from Seno Ultima Esperanza.

More about Puerto Natales

Giraffe napkin holderGiraffe napkin holder

Mountains in French Valley in Torres del Paine NPMountains in French Valley in Torres del Paine NP

Monte Balmaceda with its glacierMonte Balmaceda with its glacier

Torres del Paine: (young) guanaco'sTorres del Paine: (young) guanaco's

buses

by willissandra

Hello,

I would like to find out if there is a direct bus service between Puerto Natales and Puerto montt, or possibly a route with minimum connections.Can you help?

RE: RE: buses

by Roekxy

Yes, it's possible but it's a very long way. You go from Puerto Natales to El Calafate (Argentina). From there you take the bus to Perito Moreno (not the glacier, but the place in the north of Patagonia). From there you can take a bus to Chile Chico in Chile. From there it's possible to take a bus to Puerto Montt. I think it will take at least 3 days, with different busses. First day from Puerto Natales to El Calafate. Second day from El Calafate to Perito Moreno. Day 3 from Perito Moreno naar Chile Chico. If you are real lucky you might catch a bus to Puerto Montt the same day, but I think it takes you another day.

If you consider the cost and time needed, a flight from Punta Arenas is a lot faster and might even be cheaper, considering the accomodation you need for the 3 nights. If you have 2 or 3 weeks, you could consider stopping in El Calafate and Chaiten for some days. The road from Chile Chico to Puerto Montt also has many options for a few days break.

Enjoy your stay in Chile!

RE: buses

by Bonin

Tur-bus runs from Punta Arenas - Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt. The fare is 41.00 US$.

Jorge Daniel Barchi.
Buenos Aires.

RE: buses

by cvergara

To go by bus, necesarilly you can go through Argentina. So it's to far and not direct. So I recommend you to take a flight from Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas, and then take a bus to Puerto Natales

RE: RE: buses

by world_citizen

I strongly recommend taking the Navimag boat which goes from Puerto Montt to Puerto Natales. It takes 4 days and costs $250 but I thought it was worth it.

Travel Tips for Puerto Natales

Things I brought and wish I had

by jsepulve

A hiking backpack and a small daypack One tip that I have is that if you are going to travel to the southern parts of chile, make sure you are ready to encounter some rain along the way. In the three weeks that I travelled it rained a lot!

Thankfully I had a good rainjacket, I wish I would have had some waterproof pants.

If you go to the Torres del Paine, I would recommend a warm hat a gloves, because it can get really cold when the wind starts blowing hard and its raining. Some good hiking boots are recommended if you are going to hike in the park (there is nothing worse than having wet feet). Lots of film! If you are going to hike...what i wish i had were some shirts and a pair of pants that dried fast.

La cueva del Milodón

by elpariente

La cueva del Milodón es una gran caverna que está dentro de un grupo de rocas denominado la Silla del Diablo
Nos sorprendió este sitio , por el tamaño de la cueva y por los paisajes que tiene al rededor . Hay varios paseos interesantes y un museo
5crThe Milodón cave is a big cavern that is located in a group of rocks called the Devil Sadle
Thisplace syrprised to us , for the cave size and by the landscapesaround it
There are several interesting paths to walk and a museum

Torres del Paine - Pehoe Lake

by perfectly_zen

This lake is located near the Cuernos, and has calm, blue waters...very very nice.
One nice thing is a boat trip in this lake (it´s not cheap...but...).You have that nice, postcard view of Cuernos del Paine.

Valle Frances

by jsepulve

Its a long hard hike from Los Cuernos to the lookout (mirador) past Campamiento Britanico. What I and many other people did was hide our packs in the forest so that we wouldnt have to carry so much wieght.
The hike from los Cuernos, up the Valle Frances and to Refugio Pehoe took about 10 hours, this was with many stops and lunch.
The lookout is beautiful and is only about 15 min futher along from Britanico. You can continue up another 1.5 hr to get to another lookout, which I didnt do, but i was told it was very hard and not really worth it.
Along the W hike you meet a lot of people and you see the same faces along the way, these are a few people I met along the way.

Puerto Natales - Home "Base" for Torres del Paine

by Trekki

"Puerto Natales - the town and the port"

Puerto Natales, a tiny little town on 52 South, sits along Seno Última Esperanza (Last Hope Sound), and is more or less regarded to be the basecamp town for Torres del Paine NP.
Also, busses leave from here for Calafate, Argentina's gateway to Parque Los Glaciares (Glaciar Perito Moreno) and Fitz Roy and Cerro Torre mountain.

But there is surely much more to do in this little town, I always enjoyed strolling through the streets and along the shore of Ultima Esperanza.

"Famous Parque Nacional Torres del Paine"

"Strolling around Puerto Natales and the shore"

Comments