Punta Arenas Hotels

Our Members Say

• elsadran profile photo elsadran
  • Reviews: 933

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nandu: a cosy guesthouse

This is perfect for backpackers who can sleep in the same room with other travelers.
I think there is one room for just a couple, though.
It's a two storey house with an internal staircase, very warm atmosphere , satellite TV in a small common room, and a big kitchen where you can cook your own food. This is particularly convenient because restaurants in Chile are not so cheap for budget travelers.
But the best asset is the owner who is an openhearted, smiling and very helpful man. He shows genuine interest in his guests and tries to make them happy. Sr Carlos even gave me a lift to the bus terminal when I left. This guesthouse was recommended to me by a group of satisfied travellers.
Unfortunately I lost his telephone number because he can pick you up at the bus station.
Anyway I hope you find it.
There is no big..neon sign but only a small paper sign on the window with the hotel name "Nandu"

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written August 26, 2007
Tip Photo

the view from my window at 11.30 almost midnight !

• swesn profile photo swesn
  • Reviews: 1221

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

INHOSPITA PATAGONIA: PUNTA ARENAS

Pros :
- In a very cosy, comfortable house / Beds and toilets are great
- Full kitchen facilities
- Breakfast is included... with eggs!
- Hot water 24 hours
- Super friendly hosts and they speak some English
- Very new
- Just two blocks from main road Avenida Colon and four blocks from the Plaza de Armas
- Very near to a hypermarket

Cons :
- Hosts have lost nearly all the keys to the house

Dorms : 3000 Chilean Pesos (2003)

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written June 3, 2007

Crossing the Magellanes Straits to Punta Arenas

• Koyasan profile photo Koyasan
  • Reviews: 7

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hosteria Cabañas del Paine: Delightful hotel

This was surely the best hotel I ever stayed at. Probably the most expensive as well, but most certainly not that expensive when compared to others hosterias at Torres del Paine. All the staff was so helpful! Obviously, the fact that we were the only guests and the first of the season helped all the pampering. We got lost on our way there, as it is still fairly new and out of the way, so as it was a while after our predicted arrival time, they sent a rescue party to look for us, which was great. In the darkness and on the muddy tracks, we would never have found our way to the hosteria. When we arrived, everyone was worired about us and we were greeted with a pisco-sour. The rooms were wooden cabins, very well heated, with impecable cleanliness and lovely decor and above all, view over the Torres. Breakfast was extensive, with a huge choice and everything was delicious (the chef was great). We didn't have dinner there, as we were on a tight budget, but I would predict it would be fab. They also prepare packed lunches if you want. Mind you, if you are on a tight budget, you have to bring your own food, as there is nowhere to buy it inside the park. The setting is trully wonderful and the views as you are coming down the hill to the hosteria are breathtaking. I would recommend this hotel 100%!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 5, 2007
Tip Photo

• ezaguryk profile photo ezaguryk
  • Reviews: 400

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hostal Parediso: Good price and Clean!!!!!!

Good price, bath in the room, very clean, breakfast included. It is a littler far from down town 15 min walking distance.

Buen precio, con baño en el cuarto, muy limpio, la decoración es un poco vieja pero esta bien, el desayuno esta incluido. Se encuentra ubicado un poco lejos del centro a 15 min caminando.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 15, 2005

Hostel Parediso

• kyoub profile photo kyoub
  • Reviews: 2221

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tierre del Fuego Hotel: Nice kitchenette

We had a nice large room with queensize bed. There was a baywindow overlooking the main street. If you closed the side windows there was no street noise.The room also had a small kitchenette. Great for us who like to have our coffee early or want something besides nescafe.
The rooms with the kitchenette are the same price as the ones without, you just have to request them when booking.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of most everything in the city.
Breakfast is included in the rate.
I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

There was just one problem with the kitchenette. Nothing to cook with, not even a match to light the gas stove.
We bought a teapot, cup, knife, and glasses
while we were there.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written December 31, 2004

Hotel

• storyin profile photo storyin
  • Reviews: 122

Hostal Luna: Storyin Punta Arenas

with quite neighbor and not very far from bus station , 6000 peso single room .

bed - very comfortable bed ( if I want to sleep well I will stay here again )
bread - nice
bathroom - so so , and the hot water is not very hot , and I can not stand up in the bathtub , if I want to take a nice shower I will not stay here .

• Written April 6, 2004

• Maillekeul profile photo Maillekeul
  • Reviews: 800

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residencial Ely: Hospedaje with a car ! Un hospedaje avec voiture !

Rooms with TV Cable, kitchen, laundry, breakfast included and... a free service of car (above all, to come from and go to the bus station, at any time).

Chambres avec TV Cable, cuisine, laverie, petit-dej' compris et... une chauffeuse a vos ordres (surtout pour aller de et a la gare, a toute heure utile).

A bit far from the center, but really cheap : 3000 pesos (4.5 USD) per person.

Un peu loin du centre mais vraiment pas cher : 3000 pesos (4.5 USD)

• Opinion of Price: least expensive