This place is friendly, clean and functional. I wasn´t looking forward to a hostel stay after my four star hotel stay in Montevideo, but this place won me over. That said, it is a hostel so be prepared to rough it a little and pay a deposit for the key and a towel. No paper towels in the shared bathrooms. But then you have the added benefit of catching a naked/towelled man or two walking to an from, so choose your preference. !!
The private room I had was small. The private room w/ bath was booked already when I made my online booking three weeks in advance. So there is the private bath option.
The public spaces are great! A fantastic corner room in the heart of a happening neighborhood. There is also a rooftop terrace to enjoy a sunset (or sunrise) from.
The ages of people staying here ranged from 20´s through 40´s.
Breakfast is in a really nice room and quite simple, really good rolls with butter/marmalade/nutella, tea or powdered coffee, hot milk, milk and cereal. Fake orange juice drink is probably the worst of it.
The staff is really helpful and will call to reserve tours for you.
Unique Quality: Well done, nicely decorated, clean, friendly, comfy community rooms. Rooftop terrace.
Directions: Just across the street from the Belles Artes Metro Station
Haven't stayed there, but I can tell you that from what I've seen in Santiago, this is definately THE best hostel in Santiago.
Unique Quality: Here are some:
1. Location: it's in Bellas Artes district, one of the trendiest and most beautiful districts in Santiago.
2. Ways to get there: it's located just next to the BELLAS ARTES metro station ( line 2 - green line)
3. Acomodations: couldn't see the rooms, but I did see all the common areas which were MORE than fine (they're constructing a terrace at the top of the building, which will be great). Plus, the building itself is a very nice art-deco 60's style building which you won't see nowadays in Santiago.
4. Prices: from USD15 (6 people dorm) to USD43 (single bedroom with bathroom), the prices are quite good.
5. Booking: you can book through their email or through www.hostels.com. More revies in their page
Directions: Right across metro station BELLAS ARTES (line 2/green line)
Avenida Vitacura 2610, Las Condes, Santiago
Kennedy Avenue 4601, Santiago
Avenida Pedro de Valdivia 027, Providencia, Santiago
Avenida Kennedy 4570, Vitacura, Santiago
Latest Santiago hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Monjitas 506, Santiago, Chile