Dali Apart Hotel Santiago

More about Santiago

Plaza de ArmasPlaza de Armas

Show at Bali Hai RestaurantShow at Bali Hai Restaurant

Correo centralCorreo central

Our guide Luis making us taste some wineOur guide Luis making us taste some wine

Santiago City Pocket Guide

by Lilisantiago

Does anyone know where I can get a city guide for Santiago? I cant find one anywhere. I dont want to download one, I am looking for a hard copy of a book or pocket guide.
Thanks in advance for your help.

by Odinnthor

Since we don't know where you are, I can only give a random answer.
Here is what Amazon.com has to offer:

by Lilisantiago

Thanks. I saw that online but I am looking to buy in bulk (about 200) and really wanted a pocket guide book. It is so strange that there isnt one on Santiago. Most other cities have them.
THanks anyway.

by Sophie1975

Hi I hope your are still here in Santiago! I know you want a hard copy, but I found this e-guide online when I moved here and it was super helpful, especially for restaurant recs, travel tips, different neighborhoods, nightlife, coffee shops, etc...I downloaded it and refer to it on my iphone when out and about. Check it out: http://eatwineguides.com/
Enjoy!

Travel Tips for Santiago

Go to Cerro Santa Lucia. It's...

by Ramonq

Go to Cerro Santa Lucia. It's a huge rock in the middle of Santiago which has been turned into a park. The view from here is great as you look down the city. Walking along Ahumada and Huerfanos pedestrian mall. Plenty of things to see here. Political rallies, buskers, shops, cinema, restaurants. I love roaming around this area . The street corners also have this high-tech pedestrian crossing lights, which flashes from the ground!

Santiago Buses

by bobmyx

The city buses go ALL OVER Santiago and offer a cheap and quick way to see the city.
Also, there are many vendors selling ice cream, candy and other snacks as well as entertainers that perform for a few pesos (voluntary).
Well worth the time.

Subway - Cheap and nice way to get around

by XKuger

The Santiago Metro was a nice and easy way to get around town. It is a clean and safe Metro that has stops to most omportant tourist spots like PLaze de arms, San Cristoball etc wher you would want to visit.

Only deraw back is thst it does stop operation at 11:00 P.M I think and also on holiday it does not start till 8:30 in the morning.

Suecia Section of Providencia

by gaolei about Wall Street

The Suecia section of Providencia is a walking street area. Go to General Holley street and you will find many outdoor restaurants, but my favorite is Wall Street.

The food is good, but the location for people watching is better! This is a great place to have a beer, a Salmon dinner and watch the world go by. The Salmon, Steaks and Hamburgres are good. The best thing is a chicken dish made with peppers, onions and mushrooms in a wooden rimmed plate. The center of the plate is stone which is heated and the meal is cooked in it. Excellent!

La Piojera, close to Mercado Central

by sebafromchile

Being that this is my first post, I would like it to be about a "folkloric" experience in my hometown. La Piojera is a "pub" (if you can call it that) that specializes in two things: Terremotos (earthquakes) and sandwiches de pernil. The first is an alchoholic beverage made of pipeno wine, which is followed by the aptly named Replica (aftershock). Really good, although I do not recomend more than two rounds of each. The latter is a sandwich made of cured ham from the loin of the pig. In other words, I will soak the alchohol you have just ingested. There is also live music (usually at night) which adds to the ambience. I reccomend you go with someone who can explain to you what the conversations are about (if you cannot understand Spanish). This bar is just a short walk to the south east of the Mercado Central.

Comments