E. Pinto Lagarrigue 262, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile
Expedia.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

More about Santiago

JumpingNorman, Santiago Centro, Chile Sept 2010JumpingNorman, Santiago Centro, Chile Sept 2010

Matisse: Sopa de CaracolesMatisse: Sopa de Caracoles

Casa Roja LehuedeCasa Roja Lehuede

Kevin on the Metro de SantiagoKevin on the Metro de Santiago

Wine Guide or Tour recommendations Chile

by treker2

I'm in Santiago, Chile mid October and would like to spend my last day touring one of the wine regions, first preference-Colchagua or second-Alto Maipo. I've got some feedback from tour groups off the internest and wow, it's about $175-225 per person. Does anyone have recommendations using a wine guide who loves the grape and could arrange 3-4 winery visits and transportation for the day? Should the two of us even consider renting a car for the day and doing this ourselves? Help. Thanks.

by patagoniapaul

If you are on a tight budget, there is always Concha y Toro winery which you could reach by Metro and a short taxi trip in Santiago. Driving in Chile is not difficult but signpostings are very poor or non-existant. If you are not reasonably good a keeping directions, I would not go that way. Having said that, driving in Chile is not difficult. People generally drive with less agression and stress than in most other places, especially outside Santiago. The people are very friendly and will always try to help you.

by patagoniapaul

I just found this, it might be useful:

PP

by borisg

Here's some good information from my site. Chilean-wine.com

Click on the Chile Wine Tour page at the top for some suggestions.

Boris

by spidermiss

I also would recommend the Concha Y Toro. I visited the winery whilst on my first trip to Santiago (in October 2007) and thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the wine.

by rjeannette

The vineyard Concha y Toro is located to one hour from Santiago, interesting and the different thing from this vineyard is one of oldest of Chile and the tour guided is most complete, it is an interesting visit. In Concha y Toro the guided visit lasts more than one hour, visiting warehouses and plantations, in the others vineyards (Casablanca Valley) it is only 15 minutes. enaturchile.com is a good company of deprived trips, they can help to you

Travel Tips for Santiago

My first Spanish Order

by XKuger

Santiago have nice Cafe's that serve very nice coiffee.

Hower spanish is a must to converse well with most pepole. On the very firt dat I got to this very small and cute little cafe and decided to eat breakfast.
As it was located in a famoust hotel, I thougth that it would be a p[iece of cake to order my breakfast.

How wrong I was, almost every one spoke only spanish and I called for Toast but got Tostada, Asked for butter got margerine etc, etc. Also the waitress spoke absolutely no english not even a few works and I had a rude awakening.

Finally I got something close to what I wanted but with a lot of difficulty and few discussions.

Horseback riding to Los Queñes

by outdoorfreak

A really nice 2 day trip to the Andean Mountains near the town of Curico. It's a really lovely place a bit different to regular horseback riding as the route done here is not very well known, infact I'd have thought I was the first person to ever be there. Wich in the end wasn't true as we reached a breathtaking place up in the mountains called Stone house that lies next to a beautiful blue lagoon . It's a 7 hour horseride up, through rivers, steep hills, thick branches that scratch a bit but once your up the top you get to a stone house beside a lake which I found awesome. The "arrieros" that accompanied us up then prepared a tasty and life saving barbecue and in the evening we just chatted away surrounded by this heavenly place. next day we took our horses again and we followed the track to the river Teno where a raft was expecting to take us done some rapids... what can I say.... just wow!... that was pretty awesome, never done it before in my life, but I'd certainly do it again.... yes sir!... Definetly some protective clothing (trousers and long sleeves) the branches seem to scratch once in a while. Sun protection, just a day back pack... don't have to pack much as these guys seem to bring everything we could possibly need with them.

Calle Suecia

by kiwigal_1 about Suecia

I have not been to Calle Suecia during the evening as I have been told by many people that the place is dangerous. It used to be "the place" in Santiago to hang out but that is no longer the case. It is said that it is a place for druggies and prostitutes.

I personally believe there are other nicer places to hang out so wouldn't bother coming here.

One World Air Pass to and within South America

by kiwigal_1

If you are planning a trip around South America then it is worthwhile considering flying to South America with a One World carrier. LAN offers the South America Airpass to travellers reaching South America with LAN or another OneWorld airline. Check the conditions, because you may save a lot of money for domestic flights. Note: You must have an international ticket purchased in order to get your South America Airpass.
The South America Airpass must be purchased at least 14 days prior to the departure date. Check out http://plane.lan.com/promociones/data/norteamerica/us/todo_el_mundo/sudamerica_airpass/index-en-us.html

There is also an One World South American Air Pass, which sometimes has better deals than LAN. Check out:
www.oneworld.com/ow/air-travel-options/single-continent-fares/visit-south-america

One World carriers that fly to South America include British Airways, LAN, Qantas, American Airlines and Iberia.

Real Chilean food

by jpizquierdo about Doña Tina

This place is one of the best places to really feal the chilean food flavors well cocked. normally chile is not knowed for its good food, even tho we have great see food...you also have some chilean music Here you can try a descent Pisco sour, empanadas de pino ( meet empanandas ), lomo a lo pobre ( steack with french fries , fried onions and eggs ) and carne mechada ( oven made meet ( i dont know the translation ) )

Comments