Moai Viajero Hostel

Guardiamarina Riquelme 536, Santiago, Chile
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

More about Santiago

Inside Mercado CentralInside Mercado Central

what are they doing?what are they doing?

The Andes hiding in the cloudsThe Andes hiding in the clouds

his roomhis room

Transportation from Valparaiso porto to Santiago International Airport

by TETUO

I am be arriving Valparaiso cruise port on March 29th, 2009, Sunday in the early morning and I will take a plane at 3:00 pm. I intend to take the Metro from the port to the bus station to take a bus to Santiago International Airport. Questions: 1st- What is the address of the Metro Port Station? 2nd - which is the name of the Metro station I should disembark? 3rd - What is the bus station address? How much is the fare for both? 5th - How frequent the bus goes to Santiago Airport?
I appreciate any related comments about.

by TheWanderingCamel

The Port station is Puerto - it's the last stop on the line so you can't make a mistake about in which direction to take the train.

I think the stop for the bus station is Baron - ask when you buy your ticket to be sure.

The bus station is on Av. Pedro Montt, opposite the Congresso building, a 5 minute walk from the metro stop.

Buses leave for Santiago at 15 minute intervals but do not go all the way into the airport. You have 2 options - either take the bus all the way into Santiago, getting off at the Pajaritos stop and then taking another bus to the airport or ask the bus driver to let you off at the stop closest to the airport. There will be taxis there waiting for passengers like yourself who are getting off the bus there and need to go on to the airport.

by cgf

If things are not changed, I believe is not a good idea to take the metro there for only one trip. When I used for the first time I had to buy my magnetic ticket and it was not refundable, it's not matter of the money, but the way...

by cgf

now I remember better.. the scam was
a minimum amount of money must be on ticket beside how much you need to go from point to point as they have to be sure you have money enough if you'll fulther of the stop you paid for. it's not very "tourist" doing like it, I hope (for them) things have changed.
Anyway I think also it's better to take a bus at port, more frequent then the train, pardon "metro".

by gfinesilver

you have to put a minimum amount on the metro card, but you can use the card for as many people as you want. but you still have to pay. i didn't know they were using the same card system in valparaiso. someone else will have to confirm that.

and there are not direct buses to the airport from valparaiso so you'll have to get off at the end and take a bus or taxi or transfer as mentioned above.

by GEOMAC

are you on royal carribean , radiance, if so have have you any info re trips etc and general tips thanks

by TheWanderingCamel

That's right about the metro card - when we were there we had to buy a multi-rider. There were 4 of us so they told us to buy just one ticket - we actually used it to ride right to the end of the line and back so certainly got our money's worth out of it When we realised how much value was still on it (we'd stayed on the train and not tagged on for the return so had effectively only made one journey) we gave it to a young woman with a couple of small children who was delighted to be able to save some money that day.

by TETUO

Thank you for your replay. I have another questions if someone could help me. Anyone knows if the taxi in Chile, specifically in Valparaiso, Vina del Mar or in Santiago they take more than two passangers? Last January when I was in Valparaiso I took a taxi in the Valparaiso port to Vina del Mar, the taxi company told me that each taxi can take at most two passangers.

by gfinesilver

that's a lie. taxis can take 3-4 people, depending on how much luggage you have

Travel Tips for Santiago

The old city centre

by Bjorgvin

Exploring the old city centre. Chile's capital is immense. However the centre is relatively small. It is a city of grand avenues and plazas, public buildings, churches and parks. But unlike Buenos Aires it is conducive to traffic jams and pollution. Nevertheless it is an interesting place.

Modernity

by ezaguryk

This is the telefonica building, movil company………..wow look it the building have the shape of the cellular phone

Este es el edificio de la telefónica de chile, compañía celular, increíble tiene forma de celular

To The Hotel with Transvip minibus

by filipdebont

As I arrived back in Santiago airport, coming from Easter Island, I needed transport to the Panamericano hotel, in the city centre of Santiago.

There were different possibilities, by bus, by taxi . . .

But I did choose to use the services of Transvip, as it looked the easiest option and at a good rate.

I paid 10 US dollars from the airport till the entry door of my hotel (transport time about half an hour)

La manera más rápido, segura y confiable de legar a su destino.

Best peruvian fod in santiago

by jpizquierdo about Al Fresco

It have been for several years the best Peruvian food in Santiago. If you see it, inside may be ,is not appealing, but the food is unvelibeble. The owner is a peruvian Chef Alfredo Aramburu, they use great ingredients, a lot of sea food. Try the filete a lo macho ( steak and seafood ), or the piqueo al fresco, or sample of appetizers, or tiradito al fresco ,( Peruvian stile of sashimi.) pisco sour is very good. If your are seeking for a southamerican culinary experience, this is the place.

Vineyards

by RiinaK

During our stay in Santiago it would have been ashame not to visit one of their vineyards. This time we decided to visit Concha y Toro Vineyard, which is one of the Chile's major wine exporters. Despite of being one of the largest producers they remain dedicating in a niche with distinctive characterististics. We went there by bus. As it was winter when we visited the place we could not taste any grapes :) but we were not too worried about that as wine is even better than grapes ;) and we could sample lots of this vineyard's outstanding vines. At the end of the day two big wine glasses were given to us as gift. This place has many stories to tell and it is worth visiting it. Of course at the end of the tour it is always possible and suggested to buy nice Chile wine along, to enojoy it afterwards with your friends.

Comments