Hostal Sumaj Jallpa

Satisfaction Average

More about San Pedro de Atacama

Stuck againStuck again

Jere CanyonJere Canyon

Licancabur during a snowstormLicancabur during a snowstorm

Salar de AtacamaSalar de Atacama

bus to Salta

by anncorr

Hi !
I'll be in San Pedro in october, then I want to go to Salta . I'd like to know if it's necessary to make a reservation for the bus. If it is,where can I do it ? It seems not to be possible on Pullman or Geminis website...
Thank you four your answer.

Re: bus to Salta

by Huentetu

Pullman and Geminis go three times a week from SPA to Salta. I think it is Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays. They both go the same day. This is a very popular route and you should see if you can book or at least go to the Geminis office in SPA as soon as you arrive. Pullman does not have an office in SPA as far as I know. The trip takes about 10 hours.

Travel Tips for San Pedro de Atacama

This is the correct place

by jovicunad

Some people identifies san pedro de Atacama with his idea of an explendid desert. I think they're right. But, you can visit many other interesting places in this beautifull and unique desert in the world. San Pedro the hole year is full of tourists. But be prepared, because some times thing's you´ll need could be very expensive or even doesn't exist. I don't know how electricity is working now, i went in 1997 and there was electricity up to 6:00 pm

Crazy Signs made in Chile ? Part I

by joernme

In the middle of nowhere they put this funny sign saying ?When Chile grows we all grow?. If I was Bolivian this sign would scare me pretty much. But first of all I?m not very Bolivian and second the meaning is probably somewhat deeper than my imagination. Or what the heck could Chile grow in the middle of a rocky desert?

Horseriding

by SanguiniA

Another thing to do here is to see the scenery on horseback. Like in western movies, horses and desert go well together. There are various agencies who will set you up with some horses and a guide. I will never forget my very first full-throttle fast gallop in the middle of Valle de la Muerte, or going down a huge sand-dune with the horse. Appropriate pants and footwear, water.

Picnic in the night - Pique-nique dans la nuit

by Maillekeul

One night, take a flashlight, some bottles of wine, some bread, cheese and cookies, then walk outside San Pedro in the direction of Vallee de la Muerte (ask your way !). You'll attend a wondeful sky... enjoying life !

Un soir, prenez votre lampe torche, quelques bouteilles de vin, du pain, du fromage et des gateaux et quittez San Pedro a pied, en direction de la Vallee de la Muerte (demandez votre chemin avant !). Vous verrez un pur ciel tout en profitant de la vie !

Hot steam baths in natural pools

by joernme

I don?t remember the name of this magical place, I only believe to know it?s up the road into direction El Tatio geysers. German honeymooners with a car took us with them up the road. We stopped in heavy snowfall in the middle of nowhere, but these two knew their way: We walked left on a small path for a while and then climbed down a steep and deep valley with a little river at the ground. This river hat waters of around 35-40 degrees Celsius ? so perfect tub water. It was going down with a few little falls and pools. We were the only beings around, so quickly took off all our clothes ? it was around 0 degress Celsius?. The snow kept falling on our heads and clothes while we were nakedly enjoying, no loving, this perfect moment. Loving it very much. BTW, if I was on honeymoon up there, I would take nobody?.

The newly-wed took all the pics as she was a professional photographer and promised to send the best shots via mail, but unfortunately I never received them. Anyhow, perfect moments stay in your heart and soul forever, right?

Comments