Andrs Gonzlez Neira

Good For No Data

More about Valparaíso

ArtilleriaArtilleria

the best empanadas in Con Conthe best empanadas in Con Con

they drop you at the very left of this pic !!!they drop you at the very left of this pic !!!

The Naval Building at Plaza SotomayorThe Naval Building at Plaza Sotomayor

timdevlin

by Timdevlin

I am arriving from Canada at the Santiago Internatioanl Airport...I have spent hours trying to get simple information concerning the various options I have for getting from the airport to the Valpariso Docks to board a cruise ship.
Is there a shuttle? If I take a taxi...how much will it cost? I arrive at 12:30pm Nov. 21st. and the boarding ends at 4:00pm so I have enough time if I know what to do. Can someone e-mail me at timdevlin@sympatico.ca if you can answer the questions. Thanks.

by easterntrekker

Hi

Its no problem . WE got the lonf distance bus . Can't emember the price but its pretty cheap . I have info on my Chile pages!! Have fun . Iys pretty quiet there this time of year thou

by vtveen

Don't know if there is a direct connection to Valparaiso.
Otherwise catch one of the buses (CentroPuerto or Turbus) to Pajaritos Metro Station. From there long distance buses to Valparaiso leave very frequently.

We also had one of these buses for a day trip from Santiago to Valparaiso.
See for more info: http://members.virtualtourist.com/vt/tfr/1/890/9/182bf0/

happy travels
jaap

by Huentetu

The buses from Pajaritos metro station will take you to the bus station in Valparaíso where you need to get a taxi to the port.
If you arrive on LAN, hey have a shuttle to Valparaíso, again you would have to take a taxi to the port, but it has set times and they might not suit you.
A taxi will cost about US$100-120.

Travel Tips for Valparaíso

Cerro Concepcion-Alegre

by viajeras2

They are one of the most beautiful places in the city, Valparaiso with 46 hills is famous for the wonderful view to the port. In this places u can find old houses with german style, now many of they are changed from residential houses to restaurants, hostels, hostal, hotels. Back there after couple years i can see the nice and interesting new art and moder culture. Mix between past and present. Very recomend place to visit and enjoy shopping from post card till nice paint.

Pacific coast

by chancay

beautiful coast all around Valparaiso til Isla Negra in the south and furtherone. I didn´t have the chance to walk longer time at the coast, but it´s just beautiful to watch and listen to the sea, walking on white sand. ....and you can collect some "algas" for a nice salad ain the evening :-)

Inglesia Luterana Alemana

by marsistanbul

The church started to built in 1897,Blinder brothers were responsible for the construction.1906 earthquake's which caused significant damage.
Inglesia Luterana Alemana is on the Cerro Conception,near to Plaza Anibal Pinto.
Abtao str.Cerro Conception

Ascensors

by arcticboy

This was my first ride in an "ascensor" Basically it's a diagnal elevator. These ones were built for the Chilean Naval academy in the 1800's.

Besides the alarming noises it makes, there's never been any major accidents with them and it worked fine with us.

La sebastiana - second house of Pablo Neruda

by chancay

In Valparaiso you have to visit the second house of Pablo Neruda. IT´s now a museum where you can see how he lived here and you can visit one of his collections all around the sea.

one poem by Pablo Neruda:

Love Sonnet XI
I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair.
Silent and starving, I prowl through the streets.
Bread does not nourish me, dawn disrupts me, all day
I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.

I hunger for your sleek laugh,
your hands the color of a savage harvest,
hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails,
I want to eat your skin like a whole almond.

I want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body,
the sovereign nose of your arrogant face,
I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes,

and I pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
hunting for you, for your hot heart,
like a puma in the barrens of Quitratue.

from: