Grand Hotel Gervasoni

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Family Travel Wine Tasting Food and Dining
See Amenities

an awful service ruines a really beautiful place

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 28, 2014

We celebrated our marriage anniversary reserving a room in this place. Then, I left the hotel, my wife stayed. I especially asked if they could bill me in my credit card (it was my anniversary gift), but when my wife left, they asked her to pay. Besides, the manager of the place, Paulo Briceño, SHAMELESSLY LIED, saying that I told them that she would pay (I never did). Later, I called the place to complain and they said that someone said that my wife called me and I had told her to pay (that never happened,I had my cell phone off, since I was in a meeting). They wouldn't refund my wife, unless I made another online payment (something was wrong with charging my credit card). My romantic gesture was ruined. Besides, at the online reservations it explicitly said "cero taxes" and they charged me 19% anyway, since I'm chilean. I felt ripped off.

And that is how an awful service completely ruines a really beautiful place. I feel the obligation to share this ugly expirience to help it doesn't happen to anyone else.

acoco's Profile Photo

A trip to the past

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 10, 2011

We had an evening tea at the hotel, enjoying the sunset. It´s a very lovely place, a 19th century house, from the beginning of the urbanization of Valparaiso. Build at the top of one of the many hills. The hotel displays an unique view of the bay.
But the very special moment of the year is the New Year's Eve, when a 15 minutes long firework display light up the night sky exactly in front of the hotel. You can take a year end package to have a special supper, watch the fireworks and end the night dancing at the terrace, converted in a ballroom.
The lady owner, Luz Guarachi, is a dedicate and very charming hostess that makes your stay unforgettable.
I strongly recommend to spend an year's end at the hotel enjoying Valparaiso and the surrounding area of Viña Del Mar, Reñaca and Con-Con.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a restaurant, Di Vino, with a Wine Spectator's Magazine awarded wine list. The cellar, worth to ask for a visit, is located underneath the restaurant accessed trough a spiral stairs.

marsistanbul's Profile Photo

The boutique Hotel Gervasoni

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 6, 2008

It is located on Cerro Conception which is one of the main tourist walks of the city,lovely balconies have breathtaking view of Valparaiso port and even Vina del Mare.The Boutique hotel Gervasoni has with a 19th century style(Victorian) facade and lobby,seafood restaurant and vine cellar are famous,are serving the typical Chilean seafood and tasty great varieties of Chilean vines.

Unique Quality: The hotels is only five minutes from the financial center,more pls visit web page of Gervasoni's.

Directions: You can easily arrive at the hotel from the subway station "Puerto" then you can take the lift(ascensor) Conception and turn to yr right and follow the paseo Gervasoni.

Nearby Grand Hotel Gervasoni

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Valparaíso Travel Forum

Need advice about Valparaíso, Chile? Visit the Travel Forum for Valparaíso and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Valparaíso hotel reviews

Baron Hill
Armada de Chile
Museo de Historia Natural de Valparaiso
Things to Do
Pablo Neruda museum "La Sebastiana "
Palacio Baburizza / the museum of fine arts
The Bohemian Valparaiso
Tour with Michael the German Pirate
Travel from Santiago
Transportation
Valparaiso (Chile) to Mendoza (Argentina)
City Tour
Parque Nacional La Campana from Valparaiso
Bus transport from Valparaiso to Northern Chile
wine tours valparaiso
Transportation
getting to santiago from valparaiso
"El Valpo Walk" : Walking Tour in Valparaíso
Bus from Santiago
Transportation
Take a ride on the funiculars/cable cars
Things to Do
My typical walking tour route
Cerro Concepcion
Great seafood
Restaurants
Restaurant Caleta Portales
Restaurants
Church Anglicana Saint Paul..
Ascensor Conception..
Museo Lucas..
Off The Beaten Path
Plaza Sotomayor and the monument of Heros..
Navy Building..