Valparaíso Hotels

Our Members Say

• iwys profile photo iwys
  • Reviews: 2023

Hotel Brighton: Old world charm

The Hotel Brighton is a wooden building on top of Cerro Concepción, commanding a spectacular view over Valparaiso and the bay. The place has an old world charm, with antique furnishings and English, Victorian-style decor. The nine rooms are all different, but the bathooms are small for the price you have to pay.

The hotel has a restaurant with a terrace, which is very popular and seems to occupy the attention of the staff far more than the hotel. They couldn't find the key for my room so I had to ask someone from the restaurant to let me in with the master key every time I wanted to lock or unlock the door to my room, which they seemed to find a great effort.

The Hotel Brighton is expensive for what it offers. I paid $86 for a double room.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Road Trip, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 30, 2008

Hotel Brighton

• marsistanbul profile photo marsistanbul
  • Reviews: 306

Carrasco House Hostelling Service

They are located on the Cerro Conception,2-3 minutes downtown area by using ascensor conception.
Carrasco house can be seen from Pantheon Hill,it is placed in front of the German Lutheran Church on Abtao street.The house built in 1897.
They have different kinds of rooms.
price includes breakfast and free internet access.
suite 56US$
double 35 US$
Twin 30 US$
Single 15 US$

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Beaches
  • Written June 8, 2008
Tip Photo

• frankcanfly profile photo frankcanfly
  • Reviews: 2603

La Casa de Manuel Y Paola

I stayed one night at this little place, but then I moved. It wasn't bad at all. I just like variety, and there is an abundance of places to choose from here.

The rooftop deck is very scenic, but a little scary to get up to. (He built it himself) Breakfast was served up there, and that was nice.

There is a cafe/bar on the first floor, but I don't remember whether it disturbed my sleep or not.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 4, 2006

• Andre_C10002 profile photo Andre_C10002
  • Reviews: 30

Hotel Rincon de Valparaiso: Hotel Rincon de Valparaiso

When I got off of the bus at Valparaiso Bus Station I felt a bit lost with no hotel to stay. I tried the, so called, Tourism Information booth in that station, and quickly found it is not a Sermatur office, so they give information about just some hotels, not a list of all available places. Take care because they will try to convince you to go to one of their hotels.

Anyway, they told me about this place: Hotel Rincon de Valparaiso. I didn't knew if I was going to like it so I decided not to get the free transfer they offer and got a taxi that cost me CH$3100. Finally I found its a good place: quite, clean, cheap and in a nice location, just a few blocks from Bellavista Metro station and in the middle of everything.

Roons are clean, staff is helpfull, private bathroons, cable TV, free Internet access, the breakfast is simple.

I spent CH$12.000 per day (jan/2006).

• Written January 24, 2006

• MessinaSicily profile photo MessinaSicily
  • Reviews: 4

Stay in Vina Del Mar instead of Valpariso

This town had the most discuting bathrooms I have ever seen! I'd much rather stay in Vina Del Mar, and it's only 10 minutes from Valpariso.

• Written October 17, 2004

A restaurant bathroom!

hospedaje Juan Carrasco: Storyin Valparaiso

9000 peso single room share bath with ok view ( and they have a good view living room on rooftop )
stay 5 day for 8000 peso each day .

bed looks ok , but not clean , some insect bite my legs .

mid-age german couple next door , the wife is rude and bad attitude , she knock the door again and again when I use the bathroom .
They share the bathroom with others , but they put all their towel,bottle,...etc in the bathroom all day , just like they stay in their own private bath room . so where is my space ? why they do not feel ashamed ?

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking

hospedaje Pierre Loti: Storyin Valparaiso

dirty bed with somebody's hair on it . strange smell in the room . 7800 peso room with window but not good view .

free Internet with Adobe Photoshop and scannr . many student live there .

only one bathroom , not convenient .

they said themselves they have best breakfast in this area , but actually NOT ( the other 3 hospedaje are better ) , only the cafe expresso is nice .

• Related to: Study Abroad, Budget Travel

Casa Mirador: Storyin Valparaiso

my single room on top floor with GREAT VIEW about sea bay / harbor / houses on the hills ... ( 8000 peso )
too good that I do not want to go out side ... but I only can stay 3 nights because the room are booked ... ( and I do not have chance to kill the price )

very uncomfortable bed :(

breakfast including fruit salad , and Chilean food usually with various kind of vegetable .
menu change everyday !

last night I saw big golden moon (cake) jump to the black sky at 7:15 PM
so this afternoon I back to my great view room and wait for her
but she invisible tonight
wish to see the huge moon (cake) again
last night I wait for the moon cake for 1 and half hours
because the sky is no cloud
she could not invisible
but why I can see the moon cake
so I keep waiting
finally
she appeared at 8:30
and she change the location
( so I missed her JUMP UP )

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Budget Travel

Casa Latina: Storyin Valparaiso

it is famous and close to nice view point , it cost 9000 peso a day , it is a little expensive for me , but the owner is nice , he invite me a free breakfast ( including fruit salad ) because I arrive in the morning ... and the bed is really comfortable , but there is no view although it close to Mirador ... hot shower is weak ... I took a cold shower at night but in the morning the housekeeping fix it so I took a hot shower again . I found cheaper place , so I move out at the second day ...

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel

• IIGUANA profile photo IIGUANA
  • Reviews: 439

Valparaiso's B&Bs

Both in Cerro Concepcion and Cerro Alegre, you'll find plenty of cheap bead & breakfast type of hotels. They're clean and cheap, and in some way, they let you experience Valparaiso as it should be seen.

Family type houses that have been restored for visitors.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written January 27, 2004

B&B in Cerro Concepcion

• cochinjew profile photo cochinjew
  • Reviews: 1735

La Casa de Manuel: Welcoming and Friendly

On reaching the heights of cerro concepcion, at the end of funicular, there is a delightful area of bars, restaurants and B &Bs.
Casa de Manuel is a lovely experience. As the other buildings, it is located in an house from another era..
It is owned by Paola Olivares and her husband Manuel Carrasco who just happens to be the son of Don Juan Carrasco who has the B and B just a step away...
The services provided include
Lodging obviously, including breakfast, a restaurant, laundry and a kitchen to do your cooking if you like, the place is just so close to funicular concepcion... city tours can be arranged from here

I stayed in Room No 2, the night before I was at Hotel Brighton which has similar ambience not as friendly since the owners are nowhere to be found and rooms at Brighton were extraordinarily small.. room no 2 where I am, is spacious and has a vista very similar to Hotel Brighton , the difference is the price.. brighton is three times as expensive and not worth it...
paola and manuel are lovely people and very friendly..

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 2, 2003

manuel

• cvsolfari profile photo cvsolfari
  • Reviews: 95

Brighton B&B. Locally owned...

Brighton B&B. Locally owned with a bar/social area included.
$30/$40 single/double. Chile is a very inexpensive country and the location of Brighton makes it a great value.

Perfect location to view the city and ocean. A short walk from the popular Cerro Concepcion Ascensor.

• Written August 26, 2002