Gran De Pucon

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Gran De Pucon

Ojos de Cabargua, near PuconOjos de Cabargua, near Pucon

Me at Mirador 2, Parque Nacional Huerquehue, ChileMe at Mirador 2, Parque Nacional Huerquehue, Chile

Dining in PuconDining in Pucon

park Huerquehuepark Huerquehue

Booking Hotles/Hostels

by coconutwireless

I am running into booking companies when searching for accommodations in Chile & Argentina. Even when I put the direct name of the hotel/hostel into Google . I know that some of these hotels/hostels have their own websites because I have asked online in some forums and residents have sent them to me. My question to you all is which of these booking agencies online you might have used and felt you got a good value with (they all seem to have a different price for the same property). I usually try to contact the hotel/hostel direct when at all possible. I read one womens' horror story about chile-hotels.com on Fodors forum (oops!!)
So comments please. If you have direct websites for accommodations in Puerto Varas, El Calafate (not hotel Glacier as I am already trying to work with them) (Casa Azul seems not to want to answer) and Bariloche that would be helpfull.
Mahalo (Gracias)
-------------------------
"traveling with Aloha"
the coconut wireless

Re: Booking Hotles/Hostels

by Glospi

I've just checked the complain on Fodor's forum and I guess that you were talking about the one on Hotel Antumalal.
I had never been to that hotel (when in Pucon, I either have camped or made a snow igloo in the mountains, or stayed at Gran Hotel Pucon), but I think that US$ 190 per night for a suite, on low season is a rip off, regardless of the qualities of the place.
Park Lake Hotel, just 3 blocks from the bus stop, and across the street from Gran Hotel Pucon, seems to be the best luxury hotel in Pucón, has direct access to the lakeside and they, for sure, will pick you up ath the bus stop or the airport (although I guess that in this season there are still no commercial flights bound for Pucon).
Casa Azul usually does not reply to emails: I tried to contact them for 2 months, and the only way was to make a phone call, just to find out that they were fully booked (finally, I camped at a base camp for ice climbers in the national park: much better...for me).

Remember that, in Chile in the off season, any intended stay of over US$ 700 or so, is subject to a reduction in the price, so insist on negotiate the fare.
Hotel Presidente, in Santiago, is a nice and handy place to stay; it should be US$ 80 for a double or so.

Daniel

Re: Re: Booking Hotles/Hostels

by coconutwireless

thanks for the reply daniel. I am negotiating with Torremayor hotel as well. But the comment on Fodors I talked about in my posting has to do with online booking agencies that seem to pop up when searching for the hotel website directly. Take another look at her comment. Search Santiago , chile Message #83.
traveling with aloha
the coconut wireless

Travel Tips for Pucón

Ojos de Caburgua

by elsadran

Just 17 kms from Pucon there lies a magnificent scenery of roaring cascades coming through underground paths from Lake Caburgua. They are gathering in the middle of the lush forest through several cascades and form little sparkling pools and transparent streams. A lot of local people and tourists come here to take a bath, walk in the forest or lay under the trees just breathing the fresh air !!!
They told me that the quantity of water has a dramatic change depending on the season. So it's better in their winter time but it's not bad in the summer, too, as you can camp in the area and be part of it. A few kilometers of walk can take you to beautiful cascades "Los Saltos de Bellavista" and "Los Copihues". If you walk more you come to "La Puntilla", where two rivers meet forming wonderful small islands. Later there are Salto Carhuello and Salto de Carileufu and finally you come to a hostel and tea house. Enjoy it !!

Pucon

by IIGUANA

"Pucon: the eco-tourism capital"

Pucon is a well known town for all chileans. It's in the lake district, in southern Chile. This small town has everything you want: amazing landscapes, volcanoes, beautiful rivers, great lakes, good food and nice people.
No wonder our chilean ancestors, the mapuches, picked this place to make their home.
Being in the centre of these wonderful surroundings, Pucon has a lot to offer. From skiing in a volcano, to long walking trails among the oldest tliving trees on the planet, to white water rafting and to finish it off, some warm bath in natural hot springs.
What else do you need? Good food, nice people and nice weather. And you've got it.

Comments