Región del Libertador General Bernardo O'Higgins Hotels

• LongtermGringa profile photo LongtermGringa
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Apart Hotel O'Higgins: Great value in Rancagua

My sister, brother-in-law, and their two children stayed in one of the apartments. It was great! They said breakfast was tasty, the room was clean, they had their own little kitchen with refrigerator. They also had a secure parking space. The only downside was the renovation going on.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 20, 2008

• LongtermGringa profile photo LongtermGringa
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Alejandra: Places to stay away from in Rancagua

I had a series of problems with my stay at this hotel-- in fact, in the end, we had to leave early. I had called ahead of time and requested a triple room. I got confirmation of my reservation. At midnight the night before my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin from the US wore supposed to arrive, the hotel called me to tell me that they were canceling my reservation. Their excuse? A large delegation had just arrived so they gave away my room. After multiple phone calls and complaining on my part, the owner (who did apologize) decided that they could give me a double and a single and would only charge me 15,000 Chilean pesos more than the agreed upon price. (this is the equivalent of around 30 USD). After arguing some more, and being stranded without a room for my family, I agreed to pay an additional 7,000 despite the fact that it was the hotels error. When we arrived, the double room was disgusting! It had no window or ventilation system of any kind. It stank of smoke and B.O. from the prior guests. In the end, I couldn't allow my family to stay in such a place and had to bring them home. My cousin and I (both in out late 20s) had to sleep in sleeping bags on the floor!

• Opinion of Price: about average