4 Norte, Talca, 1011, CL
Diego de Almagro Talca
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Talca

A Day of Fishing...A Day of Fishing...

A mouth-watering treat!A mouth-watering treat!

An extrordinary fisherman!An extrordinary fisherman!

Talca's Regional TheatreTalca's Regional Theatre

Talca

by PojoRose

Hi! I'll be going to Talca in mid-June for about a month to do research for my Mater's thesis. Anyone know anywhere I could do a homestay? Or maybe a decent hostel where you can eat with the family running the place? Or anything at all about Talca at all since there are no other postings for this city... Thanks!

by Chechi

Hello, I have heard about Casa Chueca in Talca, is a very nice place to stay feeling like family the web site www.trekkingchile.com

by PojoRose

I saw that place online... It looks nice, but I need somewhere more in the center of the city since i won't have a car. Also, since I will be there for awhile, I am hoping to find a lower price. Anyone else have any info?

by Huentetu

Can't help you on the lodging but I'm sure someone will give you a hand once you arrive. You are better off getting local advice on this. If you need just somewhere to head until you get your bearings, there is a small and inexpensive hotel called:
HOTEL NAPOLI
Dirección: 2 Sur 1314
Teléfono: (71) 227373
Fax : (71) 226010
No website. It is well located as it is within walking distance of everything in town and a lot of the universities use it for people attending conferences. Otherwise, just use a guidebook suggestion.
I've just come back from a weekend in Talca. I found it a very nice small, provincial city which still retains much of the typical architecture of central Chile. There are about 4 universities with campuses in Talca. The head of international studies at the Universidad de Talca is from India and the head of the English department is from Canada. For a town of its size it seems to have a lot going on. The people seemed very pleasant. The surrounding countryside is very lovely. The drive up to and beyond Colbun, through San Clemente is especially nice. As Talca has always been a sort of hub for surrounding agricultural communities, it is well supplied with shops. Although it was the same temperature as Santiaqo when we were there, it has a much damper climate so bring lots of warm clothes.
Hope this helps a little bit.

by PojoRose

Thanks for the info! It sounds like I will enjoy my time in Talca. I will write to the people you mentioned at the university.

Travel Tips for Talca

Hot and Dry!!

by VeronicaG

When traveling in Chile the best advice I can give is to have a hat handy! It is sunny and it is dry in the summer. Talca is even more so, so take a tip from the locals---wear a hat. You won't regret it!!

I usually wear a visor because it's light to pack and doesn't muss up the hair...

Family Photos From the Lake

by VeronicaG

"Crafts with My Granddaughter"

Each time we get together we delight in crafts. This is my granddaughter and kindred spirit where crafts are concerned. It's a lazy afternoon at the lake cottage and we're taking time out to be together. I see my grandkids in Chile once a year, so I try to make the most of my visit.

"Cousins at the Lake"

The cousins are four years apart and get along with each other most of the time. I say most of the time....

"Breakfast By The Lake"

This morning we began the day with English Breakfast Tea, Poppyseed Bread, Sweet Bread of some sort, fresh peaches and strawberries, toast with jelly and butter and thin slices of cake.

"Cooling Off"

The temperature of the water was in the 70's, which was perfect for a dip that day. Lake Colbun can be deep in parts, so our family usually wears lifevests as a caution to the children.

Comments