Monterrey Hotel

See Hotels with Higher Star Rating

Tags

Seniors
See Amenities

worst hotel stay of our travels

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 10, 2010

This hotel was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. First, I must say the desk staff was very nice. However, we were there in August and, as expected, it was very hot and very very humid. The maid would turn off the airconditioning whenver we left. If we came back to the room and turned it on and left again we would come back to it off. At breakfast the airconditioners were never on. I asked and the waiter refused. One day I took the remote and turned them on myself. Within minutes a waiter came out and turned it off! Everything we owned started to smell musty. I kept spraying our clothes with fabreze but despite that when we got home, even after washing the clothes 3 times and drying in the sun, many items were unusable. And the topper; I found mold at the bottom of our duffels and they had to be discarded along with some clothes! Yes, as people have said, it was well located. But don't stay here in the summer when air conditioning is a must.

Nearby Monterrey Hotel

Monterrey Hotel

• Monterrey Hotel Cartagena

Address: Centro Historico, Carrera 8 B No. 25-103, Cartagena 1425, Colombia, 1425, Colombia

Amenities at Monterrey Hotel

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Room Service
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Cartagena Travel Forum

Need advice about Cartagena, Colombia? Visit the Travel Forum for Cartagena and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cartagena hotel reviews