Manizales Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 5089

Mountain House

Mountain House is not situated in the city centre but in an area near bars, restaurants, a shopping centre and the University. A taxi to Mountain House from the terminal is around 5100 pesos (July 2008), but from three blocks away from the hostel you can take a bus to the terminal, or the city centre, for 1100 pesos.

There are mostly dormitories, but I had booked a single room with bathroom for 40 000 pesos (one of the most expensive hostel rooms I have stayed in, in Colombia). It was a room with a bunk bed and another bed, with the terrace just outside the window. Luckily there were not many smokers (because they sat just outside) and there were no BBQ in the middle of the week. It also turned out they didn’t have a key for the room. I prefer to stay in my own room to have some privacy and to be able to look the door when I go out. Here there was no key and people on the other side of the thin curtains. I didn’t like the room, but there are other things that are good with Mountain House.

When you arrive you will get a list of different activities you can do in the area, like tours to Los Nevados NP and coffee farms, paint ball etc. There is free coffee and in the mornings breakfast (two pieces of bread and an egg, or was it two). There is laundry service, Internet and a TV and DVD films. In the refrigerator there are beer, cola and so on. You can also get good travel information here (in Spanish).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written October 7, 2008

My room at Mountain House

• morgr profile photo morgr
  • Reviews: 258

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hospedaje El Terminal: Convenient Location

Nothing spectacular about this hotel. It's handy though when arriving at 2am (as we did) since it is located on the top floor of the bus terminal. Also handy if you get the midnight munchies, as there are some places downstairs open 24hr. Only recommended if travelling in a pair, as the single rooms are expensive. Shared bathrooms, hot water. TV.

Spanish only, no English spoken.

Double room : 48,000pesos

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 11, 2007
Tip Photo

A monument we made in our room!

• bogjudge profile photo bogjudge
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CUPIDO APARTMENTS: CUPIDO APARTHOTEL IN MANIZALES COLOMBIA

MANIZALES COLOMBIA IS NOT BLESSED WITH MANY UPSCALE HOTELS. SO WHEN I DECIDED TO COME FOR A VISIT, I WAS DISAPPOINTED TO FIND THAT NONE OF THE ESTABLISHED TRAVEL SITES COULD REFER ME TO A HOTEL IN MANIZALES. BUT AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT, I RAN ACROSS A REFERENCE TO A DATING SERVICE IN MANIZALES, CUPIDO, AND ON THAT WEBSITE I FOUND THAT THEY HAD APARTMENTS FOR RENT AT VERY REASONABLE PRICES. I ARRANGED TO STAY IN ONE OF THEIR APARTMENTS AND HAVE BEEN IN MANIZALES NOW FOR A MONTH. I HAVE EXTENDED MY STAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE APARTMENT AND HAVE BEEN TREATED ROYALLY BY CUPIDO'S OWNER, DICK DICKERMAN. DICK HAS SEVERAL DIFFERENT UNITS AVAILABLE IN VARYING PRICE RANGES. THEY ARE WELL APPOINTED, AND COME WITH COMPUTERS AND INTERNET ACCESS. SOME HAVE ACCESS TO OVER 600 CHANNELS OF STREAMING VIDEO FROM THE USA. DICK AND HIS STAFF WERE VERY HELPFUL TO ME, ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND HELPED ME TO GET AROUND THE AREA AND TO KNOW THIS VERY LOVELY PART OF COLOMBIA. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE APARTMENTS. THE CUPIDO WEBSITE IS http://www.colombiacupido,com. YOU CAN ALSO CONTACT DICK AT dickerman@une.net.co

FULL AMENITIES HERE. KITCHENS, LIVING ROOM, ONE OR TWO BEDROOMS IN MOST UNITS. THE APARTMENTS ARE CENTRALLY LOCATED IN THE BEST AREA OF MANIZALES - PALERMO. THEY ARE WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF SHOPPING MALLS, EATING ESTABLISHMENTS, NIGHTLIFE, MOVIES, THEATERS, BANKING - YOU NAME IT. THEY ARE ADJACENT TO THE LARGEST UNIVERSITY IN MANIZALES, UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA. AND IF GIRL WATCHING IS YOUR BAG, THERE IS THAT AVAILABLE.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Singles
  • Written April 1, 2007

APARTMENT NUMBER 10

• Wanderboy43 profile photo Wanderboy43
  • Reviews: 169

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mountain House: Just opened

This place is a new and nice backpacker hostel. DVDs, Internet, good location, good showers, nice kitchen. Just no backpackers yet.

There are hikes that can be organized through the hostel that were a bit pricey for me. It´s what people do from Manezalles I guess....
I went on (30 minutes) to Chinchina and stayed up on a coffee plantation "Odina del Sol" In Chinchina call "Juan Carlos" 840 0335 or cell 300 362 9578. Then you hike up the hill from the city to a nice and relaxing cottage.... 12 million-a night($5)

Mountain House is not on a mountain. It´s in the city...

• Opinion of Price: about average