Charlies Place Hotel

Cra 8-D No 106-84, Barrio Chico Miranda, Bogota, Colombia
Charlies Place Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Bogotá

lots of colorful buildings in Bogotalots of colorful buildings in Bogota

my last feast in Colombiamy last feast in Colombia

Café NegroCafé Negro

canelazocanelazo

What is a better/more fun area to stay? Zona Rosa or Park 93?

by CA228

Hi VT,

I am contemplating 2 hotels in Bogota: 1 in calle 82 in Zona Rosa, and the other in Calle 93 by Parque 93. I want to live close to nice, safe night clubs and restaurants and somewhere that I can safely take walks around at night. Which area would you say is better, or are they both about the same? Can you walk between these 2 districts at night, or should one take a taxi?

Thanks very much

RE: What is a better/more fun area to stay? Zona Rosa or Park 93?

by nhoolb

Both areas are ok. Maybe zona rosa has a little more "action". You can walk but very late I would advice a taxi (cheap, less than 1 euro).

RE: What is a better/more fun area to stay? Zona Rosa or Park 93?

by BxUnika

They are about the same. They are maybe a 10-20 min. walk from one another. I live in Bogota (not that area) and walk past there at night all the time, so you should be ok granted you use common sense.

Re: What is a better/more fun area to stay? Zona Rosa or Park 93?

by serranosoho

Parque 93 is a little more upscale, but Zona Rosa is much bigger, has many more clubs, bars and shops and puts you walking distance to both Parque 93, and Zona G, where a lot of good restaurants are.

I'm renting an apartment in Zona G now, and was just thinking today, after walking around Parque 93 and Zona Rosa, that if I ever returned and needed to be in a hotel I'd only look in Zona Rosa.

My own humble opinion:)

Travel Tips for Bogotá

Colombian folks

by travelife

Years ago I came to know a friend from Colombia while doing my exchange program in Maastricht, Netherlands who used to live in the same guest-house. He regularly sent group and individual emails to all of us and last year and half we some way lost contact. But when I became sure of my trip I wrote to him and found out he works in NY and he intends to visit Bogota around same time. With some change in his plan he introduced me online to Daniel. Daniel and his girlfriend Carina wanted to include me in the horseriding the same afternoon I arrived in Bogota. I found out all about it much to my surprise since I could not check email previous couple of days. And phoned him and was told they would pick me at my hotel. They were on time and we were on our way to La Callera. I did not feel for a moment that I met them first time that day. So friendly and hospitable floks. Hats off to you guys!

Zipaquira makes a nice daytrip from Bogotá

by MalenaN

Zipaquirá is a town with a population of 70 000, situated about 50 km north of Bogotá. Zipaquirá is known for its salt mines and the Salt Cathedral, which attracts many visitor every day. By making tunnels in to the hills west of Zipaquirá the salt has been mined here already since the Muisca period.
If you came to Zipaquirá to visit the Salt Cathedral it is also worth taking a walk in the town. Around the central square there are some colonial buildings and the church looks very nice. There is also an archaeological museum in the town.

Feeling lucky?

by acemj about Rock n Jazz Casino

I'm not into gambling, but my buddy Jonathan was feeling lucky one night and he enjoys playing Blackjack so we stopped here for a very brief and unsuccessful try at the tables. It's amazing how quickly a person can lose $200 (like, in about 3 minutes!), but later in the trip, Jonathan avenged himself and won his money back. Security is tight here and there's not much of a scene inside. Just some slots, games and table to play the usual . . . craps, blackjack, poker, etc.

Typically these busses get...

by AndreasK

Typically these busses get pretty crowded. Usually I took the smaller and faster busses. I remember that the driver always played the local music called Ballenato, the kind of music you will hear everywhere in Colombia: in bars, taxis and busses...

About food here you'll find...

by ca13

About food here you'll find from Mc Donalds to our typical food.
In Bogotá are a lot typical restaurants, some good restaurants and some bad restaurants.
If you want taste some Colombian food, go to Restaurante Las Acacias or places like that.

Comments