Dann Norte Hotel

Tags

Budget Travel
See Amenities
jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Great-looking suite with flat TV, good bed

by written on January 18, 2009

Great Hotel and on first two nights, they gave me an upgraded big room on the sixth floor (I think 619) with a living room and flat screen TV and nice view of the mountains around Bogota. Bathroom clean and strong water. Then I flew to Ecuador and came back after 3 days, and I was given a smaller room with a regular TV but still clean and very nice bathroom. Staff was very nice and spoke English, and there were cars that you can rent outside to bring you anywhere around Bogota. I opted to go to the Zipaquira saltmine and the huge plaza of Bogota (I think Independencia). Also, there is the very convenient supermarket which has everything beside the hotel ...over-all would stay there again and request for the bigger corner rooms.

Unique Quality: big suites

Directions: Near a food store/grocery...very convenient

JVANYC's Profile Photo

Great value, great location

by written on January 25, 2007

I stayed here at the Dann Norte in Jan 2007 for a week. My room rate was $70 per night which seemed to be the rate found all over the internet for this property. I made my original reservation through a web site broker that the hotel never received. I called to confirm and they didn't have it but were happy to make one directly at the same rate. In these parts of the world it's always a good idea to follow up with any reservation not made directly with the hotel, especially one that is not associated with a big chain.
I found the staff to be very friendly and a few people at the front desk know decent english. I think for the rate the quality of the hotel is great. My first two nights i was on a floor that was having some minor construction which was escalating with smells from paint etc. They happily moved me with my first inquiry about the situation. No harm done.
My room was very clean and the cleaning staff was very sweet always folding my clothes everyday. The location was perfect for my needs and if you are touring Bogotá it's a safe friendly neighborhood. Plenty of nice restaurants around and an amazing huge grocery store right next door.
For no reason other than variety I'm going to stay at the Howard Johnsons for my second week here. More on that to follow.

Unique Quality: Car service: The hotel has several drivers connected with the hotel that wait outside. Normally I avoid these types of situations as they are often inflated prices for the same ride a cab would give you. In Bogota it's actually a better situation. For about $7.00 an hour you get a car and driver. (you read that right $7!!) It's one of the best deals going. There is no point in renting a car in this country. Negotiate a day rate with a driver connected with a hotel and you'll come out way ahead. Driver Leonardo at the Dann Norte speaks passing english which was a huge help for me as I know very little Spanish. One day i tried to get a car to an address that turned out to be about 2 blocks away and one of the drivers walked me over to show me the way and refused any money for the help. Situations like this typified my experiences in Bogota. The people are some of the friendliest, politest I've ever experienced in a very authentic unassuming way.
The Hotel had Wifi included in the price of the room and a very decent breakfast with terrific omlettes. There is also a computer I saw in the lobby that people were using to check email etc. It didn't look like it had a charge but I was using my own.

Directions: One of the most confounding things about Bogota was trying to figure out what areas hotels are in. I wish I could help. The area The Dann Norte is located is called San

nhoolb's Profile Photo

Comfortable hotel in the north of Bogota

by written on July 31, 2006

Modern, comfortable, safe and reasonably priced, around 70-80 Euros per room per night, breakfast included. Friendly staff. Restaurant with good lunch and dinner.
Part of the well-knowned Dann chain (Dann Carltons are their upper end hotels).

Conveniently located in the northern part of Bogota, safe and relatively quiet. Almost next door, on the corner with Pepe Sierra (calle 116), a large Carulla supermarket, open 24 hours, with ATM, and around the corner, on Pepe Sierra, some nice restaurants and beer/cocktail bar.
A couple of blocks from Unicentro shopping mall and close to other malls like the nice Hacienda Santa Barbara which itself is 2 blocks from the barrio Usaquen (sunday handicrafts market).

At Unicentro the procedure to take a taxi is the same as at the airport: go to the booth and they give you the voucher. Safe procedure.

Pick up from the airport can be arranged by the hotel (9 euros). Taxis (reliable) parked outside at the entrance of the hotel.
I stay here every time I am in Bogota. Recommended.

Phone +57-1-6374377. http://www.dannorte.com.co, http://www.hotelesdann.com

Info updated February 2011.

Nearby Dann Norte Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bogotá Travel Forum

Need advice about Bogotá, Colombia? Visit the Travel Forum for Bogotá and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bogotá hotel reviews