Carrera 5 No. 13-46, Bogota, Colombia

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the smallest double bed ever

Let's start by saying that I was happy with this hotel, but we landed late at night and did not quite feel like looking for another one.. it was only for one night and decided it would do. However, the rooms - though clean enough and with a tiny bathroom - are very small. In the size of a matchbox there's what they call a double bed, a TV, 2 bedside tables and a minibar.

Breakfast is not included and at the equivalent of 60 USD a night we found it too expensive for what it offered. The only positive point about the hotel is that their saety standards are very high.

Unique Quality: I'm 5.1 and the very narrow bed (more like a single bed than a double bed) was just long enough for me... my 6.1 husbad just did not fit it. The hotel was nearly full and tere were no twin bedrooms available, so my advice is that if you go there as a couple, you should book a twin room for a more comfortable night.

Directions: La Candelaria

Hotel Ambala 4

Some of your daily necessities alongwith some drink and small packed food are also on sale (self serivce!). What more you could want at that price? By the way, the stuff at reception don really speak English so I had to talk with lotsa gestures and few Spanish words I spoke. You may use their restaurant and get food coffee at your room. The hotel stuff were really helpful otherwise (As much as they could in Spainsh) and you may pay in USD but at a little poor rate.

Hotel Ambala 3

What is important to mention that the peice also includes excellent room service and I am just amazed to see the maintenance of the room. I had a good sleep every night, don doubt. The interior of the hotel is nice with a moderately sized visitor area and just coming out of my door at the 1st floor I could see the reception. Sorry, there was no view through the window. As usual, you would pay almost the similar price for two since its a double bed.

Hotel Ambala 2

For only ca. 20 USD you get a really nice bed and compact but well-furnished bathroom, telphone connection and cable-tv which includes also my favorite BBC world and I could easily escape from CNN-preachers! There are more.. read the following tips.

Hotel Ambala

As I said before, the hotel is within the secure (by police, security police and so on) zone in the old town with several universities, schools and other educational institutes in its neghborhood and last but not the least all tourist attraction of the old town is within the easy walk. Have I forgotten to mention that plenty of cheap eateries around and that good and cheap internet and telephone centres?

Good Value Hotel!

I was traveling with backpack. A hostel dorm or a room with shared shower & toilet was the best I could imagine. But hey if you get such a comfortable hotel in the centre of old town in a secure area which cost much less than hostel bed price in Western Europe why don you go for it. I thanked again my guidebook 'footprint' for this valuable info. It has an extensive listings of accommodation for every budget. This hotel costs ca. USD 20 for a night.

Comments