Hotel Bogota Regency

Carrera 7 numero 127 A - 21, Bogota, -, Colombia

Hotel Bogota Regency
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

• I'm unsure about this place overall

The reason I ended up staying here is because the map marker in tripadvisor was off, by over 40 blocks. I'm not blaming the hotel for that but what I have discovered is its a bit of a hike by cab to get to Zona Rosa.

Its interesting that I read a review elsewhere that someone said that they cab that the hotel arranged for them ripped them off. When I got a cab that the hotel provided, I was asked for 20 000 pesos by the driver. I refused as it was 30 000 to the airport and this was a fraction of the distance. He then dropped the price to 15 000. When I got a cab back from the same place later using a cab I flagged down in the street, it was 6100 pesos. This was different from a cab actually owned by the hotel that I used after check out and didn't have the drama of the external cab company.

The guy who works as the concierge is very helpful.

The room wifi is unsecured. If you want secure web access, that means trip to the restaurant.

The hotel and room are nice enough. Breakfast is underwhelming.

More about Bogotá

With love from the mountains of Southern ColombiaWith love from the mountains of Southern Colombia

one of Colombia's stunning churchesone of Colombia's stunning churches

salpicon is refreshingsalpicon is refreshing

Plazoleta del Chorro de QuevedoPlazoleta del Chorro de Quevedo

Vintage Dakota aircraft at Villavicencio airport and Bogota

by englishman007

I am a real vintage airplane fan,and I know Villavicencio has many opprtunities to see the old vintage flying and derelict DC-3 aircraft still operating into the jungle. Woudl anyone know whom I need to write to to get a tour of the airport and photograph the airplanes? And is there a hotel close by? In Bogota , I understand there are old preserved airplanes dotted around the city and at the airport - can I get permission to photograph them at the air base? many thanks Mike

Re: Vintage Dakota aircraft at Villavicencio airport and Bogota

by nhoolb

I would advise you to contact some of the photographers who post their photos on the website:
www.airliners.net
My experience is that those guys are really friendly and helpful-as most Colombians. I met some of them when I visited the F-AIR at Rio Negro airport (Medellin) in June last year.
I have never been to VVC yet, but I could look up a/some hotels there if you want.

Be aware that Colombian police can get nervous when photographing at airports.

Re: Vintage Dakota aircraft at Villavicencio airport and Bogota

by englishman007

I will take note. I actually have hooked up with a guy from Airliners.net- he will accompany me. Wow, Colombians are mighty friendly!! Looking forward to this immensely..Thanks, Mike

Travel Tips for Bogotá

Nice architecture and beautiful places

by Lodestar

Don't miss out on La Candelaria - the oldest part of the city, with it's nice crooked streets, pretty houses, big churches, hidden cafes and restaurants. It's right by the Centro, so you can do all the sightseeing in the city in practically one day.

Delicious Tropical Fruits

by mircaskirca

The diverse offer of fresh fruit in Colombia is immense and many of the different types have probably not been tried or seen by most of the people. When you are in Bogotá don't forget to sample the greatest variety of tropical fruits, from mango, papaya, maracujá, pineapple, banana, orange, melon and watermelon to lesser known but delicious curuba, feijoa, granadilla, lulo, guanábana, tomate de árbol, mamoncillo, uchuva, guayaba, chirimoya, chontaduro (fruit of a palm, eaten with salt and lemon or with honey)...

Many street vendors around the city offer fruit salads and freshly squeezed juices. Fruit salads are sometimes served with cheese (I prefer pure fruits) and fruit juices are often mixed with sugar, milk or water (I like them only with water, if necessary). At some places you can also get salpicón, mixed chopped up fruit with either orange juice or tamarindo soda drink Colombiana.

Pure delight!!!

Cerro de Guadalupe

by morgr

Everyone goes up Monserrate, but no one ever talks about Guadalupe. For the longest time (until my second last day in Bogota) I even thought it was a statue of Jesus at the top. I used to always joke to friends if they were doing something they shouldn't that "Jesus can see you, and you're going to hell!", and that when it was cloudy and the mountain tops were obscured was the "time to sin!". Well, as it turns out, it is actually a statue of the Virgin Mary atop Guadalupe, and while there is no cable car going up, it is possible to take a bus part way up, then walk the rest.

Anyways, I never ended up going to the top of Guadalupe. When I told a Colombian friend I would like to go up the 'other' moutain before I leave, to see Jesus (and she told me it was indeed the Virgin Mary), we made plans to go up the following morning. Well that night, I ended up going out with some folks, comming home late and sleeping past the morning. I flew out that night. Next time...

V.I.P

by Saringuis about Azul Cafe

Probably the hippest cafe I've ever seen! Just being there makes you feel like a VIP! And if you are real VIP, you get to sit inside, which is even more impressing!
Chill atmosfere in open air with good service. Not the cheapest though!

Transmilenio

by Ossi.P

Transmilenio works like a subway above the ground using buses.
You pay with your eletronic card when entering a station and may change buses as often you want without paying again, unless you stay in the station.

There are buses that stop at every station and express buses that only stop at certain ones. Have a look at the map where you wanna go and which bus to take.
Unfurtunately handout map are very difficult to get. Mostly at the portals you have to ask the people with the orange jackets (Bogotá para vivir) and they might have one.

Hours are weekdays and saturdays:
5am to 11pm
(that's when the first and last busses leave the portals!)
Sundays: 6am to 10pm

During rush hour Transmi is always very crowded and it can be uncomfortable... if you manage to get on a bus...
That's why Transmilenio is also called "Transmi-lleno".
Usually routes 1 to 3 are less crowded than the express buses.

Comments