Calle 95 No 9-97, Bogota, Colombia

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Bogotá

Mightyly spookyMightyly spooky

the interior of La Iglesia la Tercera is stunningthe interior of La Iglesia la Tercera is stunning

fresh & cheap snacks like these are a mustfresh & cheap snacks like these are a must

Callejon del EmbujoCallejon del Embujo

Accommodation in Bogota

by TerryCat

Hi All,
Have heard that Bogota has some pretty expensive hotels and some pretty cheap hotels. I wondered if anyone has tried renting a furnished apartment, I have heard of a few companies like aptscolombia.com that offer this service. Any advice, horror / good stories?
Many thanks,
Tel

by qaminari

I've stayed (for business) at Hotel Estelar La Fontana, which also has furnished apartments in the same complex, I thought they looked like a good bet for longer stays: http://www.wikio.com/hotel/hotel-estelar-la-fontana-155219,h.html

by mwatters145

I know off a pretty nice B&B in the Chapinero. Nicest part of Bogota, close to the zone t. Its more of a shared apartment, very nice, quiet and reasonably priced. If you want check it out Chapinero VIP. Its only new so might not be on all the sites.

by mereb

by gilbertomejiac

visit craiglist or http://red-diamond-condominiums.webs.com/

by micha-ru

Hi there

I live in Bogota and will rent my sunny apartment in July for some weeks. It's located in Chapinero, just a few blocks from the Transmilenio station "Calle 45" in a very quiet neighberhood but in walking distance to some nice bars!
The apartment is 45m2, fully furnished, combined livingroom with kitchen, bedroom and toilet with shower,

at a cost of only 25 USD a day!

Please contact me on mihca@gmx.ch or 3007304648 (Colombia)!

Travel Tips for Bogotá

Money exchange

by Nantesha

Know the exchange rate before you go out there.

Change it at the airport because it's fast and easy and safest. Also, do not exchange too much (I changed $100 and it lasted me for 11 days). Of coouse, i stayed with friend's family so I didn't spend as much. In fact, I ended up giving a large amount of pesos to my friend's uncle before I left because there was nothing I would be able to do with it at home.

If you are to stay in the big city of Bogota, then you could actually shop using your credit card. Consider this: everything is really cheap there! And you do not want to carry a lot of money around with you. I was advised of that early on. I only stayed in Bogota for a night and left the next day. Most of my stay was in Chapparal - 5 hours away from Bogota.

I made a mistake booking my ticket and had to stay an extra day and was scared. Luckily, my friend's family took very good care of me. The eldest son (who was so cute!) took me out on the town that evening. We hit all the local bars, which played classic rock hits,, and walked through the city streets. It reminded me of NY and some of it's shady characters, college students, and city slickers. Some drunks too! But we were absolutely safe and I had not worries, even being Asian (there weren't that many around).

Every person I met was extremely friendly, generous and nice. I am looking foward to going back! Hopefully 2007 in the summer.

Try to speak in spanish, most...

by ca13

Try to speak in spanish, most of us don't understand english.

Only in expensive restaurants is common tip the waiter.

Here in Bogotá, we don't have carnivals like in Barranquilla or Cali, but periodically (every year, 2 years ....) we have festivals, the most important are:

exists a lot of outdoors festivals like:
Festival Rock al Parque (rock festival, every year, 3 or 4 days, biggest free outdoors south american rock festival)

Opera al Parque

Rap al Parque

Salsa al Parque

Festival de Teatro al aire Libre

Another festivals are:

Festival Iberoamericano de Teatro
Festival de Cine de Bogotá

..............

and many others, for more information visit the Distrital Institute of Culture and Tourism, the address is Carrera 8 No 9 - 83,
Phones 3 36 65 11 / 3 36 66 14 / 3 36 66 17

Partial view of Bogota 2

by travelife

There is a cable-car sytem to have the best view of the city from a nearby mountain. But since I already had that kinda experience in Caracas, Venezuela I wanted to experience something else. So, stopping here was kinda alternative if you dont have time to go to Monserrate.

My favorite nocturnal site is...

by ca13

My favorite nocturnal site is KAOS, is a rock/metal bar, you can drink some beers or another liquor and hear music and see videos, the music played there is like Pantera, Therion, Sepultura and so.
Another good site is La Oficina, it's similar to KAOS, but I prefer KAOS.
Obvious here exists another places, places where play tropical music (it sucks), typical music, and all kind of music, but I don't like those places.
I like KAOS because the ambient is very loud and the music is great.
Furthermore sometimes they make live concerts. You can go to KAOS with any dress code, obvious comfortable clothes like jeans, t-shirts are preferable.

Well, if you live in Venezuela...

by ca13

Well, if you live in Venezuela or Ecuador you can get Bogotá by car, is a long trip, but you can know other sites of Colombia.
But if you live in another country you must book a fly to Bogotá.
In Bogota you can use a car, but if you haven't one
you can use bus, the buses aren't very lovely but they go to all sides and you haven't parking problems. And now we have a transport system called Transmilenio, it is a big group of big buses, those buses travel from south to north and form north to south, but new routes are coming up.

To go outside Bogotá use a car or use a intermunicipality bus.

Comments