Hotel Radisson Royal Bogota

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Radisson Royal Bogota

LUXURY FURNISHED APARTMENT, ROOMS, BOGOTA COLOMBIA

by ilovebogota about Martha's Place

Last year I stayed in a place that is rented out by a Colombian woman named Martha. I was located only 2 blocks from the American Embassy. Bogota hotels are getting really expensive nowadays. While I was doing a search on Google for rooms Bogota Colombia I came across here website http://www.welovebogota.com. I contacted her and was lucky that there was a vacancy.

It seems like tourism is on the rise in Colombia and there are some Colombians taking advantage of this. Martha's apartment was fully furnished. She either rents out the entire 3 bedroom apartment or rooms in the apartment. I was lucky because I rented her master bedroom for a week and nobody else rented any of the other rooms. Yipee, I had the entire apartment to myself.

The gym bodytech and 2 huge malls were close by. One mall has just been built and is supposed to be the largest mall in South America. I was also interested in Real Estate prices in Bogota and Martha provided me with allot of Real Estate Agent phone number. Real Estate is getting higher in Bogota and I was planning buying an apartment in Bogota myself. Maybe so what Martha does. I should mention also that Martha does speak pretty good English. You may have to speak a little slow though as she has a tendency to get kind of lost when you speak fast. And, she will almost always say "yes I understand." But she doesn't lol. The apartment comes with two balconies. You get a panoramic view of the mountains surrounding Bogota. Beautiful custom hard wood floors are a nice touch. The kitchen was fully equipped. I brought my laptop with me and took advantage of the WIFI in my room. She also has TV's in each room and all the rooms have private locks on them. I don't know what else to say. I had total privacy and Martha did everything she could to make me comfortable. He brother even showed up in the middle of the week with fresh flowers. I saved a bundle on renting the room in her apartment and I had the entire run of the apartment. Oh, there is 24/7 security and the apartment building caters to professionals. I was told it is only 2 years old. I felt really comfortable there and if I can't Martha's apartment or room next time I am in Bogota I will try and find something similar. I can't afford the high prices for Bogota hotels and I like living in a place that is clean and filled with backpackers. This apartment in Bogota was the thing I was looking for. Oh I should mention that if I had of rented by the month I could have rented one of the other rooms for $17.99 a day.

Comments