Hotel de la Ville

Hotel de la Ville
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Bogotá

the very large plaza early morningthe very large plaza early morning

an impressive cathedralan impressive cathedral

great steaks served on a very hot plate!great steaks served on a very hot plate!

leather bags decorated with molasleather bags decorated with molas

here is my sitiuation

by Traegary

Well I met a wonderful girl from bogota who I am in Love with and want to rent a apertment in Bogota in the next 9 months so that i can be there with her. she is a student at on of the univeristys. And what i would like to do is rent a apartment in the north or close to the north. I will have to return to the states every 2 months for 2 weeks to attend to my business but i want to rent a unfurinshed apartment for at least a year. All people tell me is that i wont be able to rent in Bogota cause i need to own property to rent. can i get my girlfriend to rent the apartment and i just pay all the bills? or is it hard for locals to rent? what should i do? someone please help as i can not bare the thought of not being able to be with my girl...Sin Gringo in love with Rolla...

Re: here is my sitiuation

by nhoolb

The point you make is an interesting one. I am also interested in the answers you'll get (not only for Bogota). I think that in an earlier posting there has been mentioned a certain website like welovebogota or something like that.

Re: here is my sitiuation

by Rubia_1

You could search this website poorbuthappy.com (Colombia link).
renting, selling & meetings

Some links there are:

www.welovebogota.com

www.apartmentsinbogota.com

www.apartments-medellin.com

I'm not familiar with these businesses, but it may at least be a good starting place for your search.

Good luck!

Travel Tips for Bogotá

Securty in Old Town

by travelife

Security in the old town of Bogota is quite visibel with security and police with different uniforms. I was taking the photo and they came and asked to see my passport. I told them I am a tourist and gave them my ID and hotel address. They smile and were on their way. So, police here is understandably efficient and they do mean to bring any toruble to you.

What to bring and what not to bring

by Nantesha

Pack light. Bring long Pants and a light jacket because it gets chilly at night, and in the day. Sneakers are great. Wear some sun screen (even though it's chilly, you could get burned from the sun without any protection at all). You could pretty much buy everything you need out there. I would advise on getting your own meds. Digital. But don't wip it out too much. It can cause unwanted attention. If anything, bring a disposable. Bathing suit, towel, sun screen, small bag, hat ...

Town of Cucunuba. If you just...

by viajeromaga

Town of Cucunuba. If you just want to relax for a weekend or have a romantic and quite time, you must come to CUCUNUBA. Its a town just outside of Bogota (2 1/2 hours). The town in the middle of milk cows ranches and its all painted in white (walls), colonial green (Windows and doors) and Red (the roofs).
The POSADA DE DON PEDRO is the only hotel in town and the most beautifull restored house in town. Is a typical spanish colonial architecture and the services are fine, delicate with a touch of elegance. The prices are very good (between usd 80 - 50) dollars a nite. Coming to this town is like entering into a world of peace and heaven.

Flight from Barranquilla to Bogotá

by mircaskirca

There were only a very few days left until my flight back to Europe so I decided to join Donna and take a flight as well. Two airlines have flights from Barranquilla to Bogotá, Avianca and Aires. We found a better deal with Avianca so we booked a flight with them. It was an evening flight with the departure from Barranquilla at 17:31 and arrival to Bogotá at 19:01 and it was COP 189.100. I booked it almost a month in advance. I tried to book it online but had some difficulties. So I went to the Avianca office in Popayán and bought the ticket there.

At Bogotá's airport Donna's father was waiting for us with the car. Though not on the direction to their home, he kindly offered to drive me to Candelaria. We were stuck in a traffic jam so it took us quite a while to get there. With all my luggage, I was really glad to be delivered right to the door of Platypus hostel where I was staying.

Empanda de Pollo

by travelife

This chicken empanada is also present in Colombia as in other many South American country. Everyone claims it to be their own. Whatever, it was cheaper food option just after coming to Bogota. I had to eat something quick in the old town since the folks will be picking me up at my hotel to join the horse riding.

Comments