Le Manoir Hotel

Le Manoir Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Bogotá

the birdsthe birds

a simple but pretty interiora simple but pretty interior

my first tamale in Colombia was a winnermy first tamale in Colombia was a winner

Wayuu mochilasWayuu mochilas

Domestic travel

by drumachn

I will be in Bogota in June for 3 weeks and wanted to know if there are domestic deals for certain cities or flight packages. I read somewhere Colombia offers 3 city travel deals.

by nhoolb

Check with Avianca, they have airpasses.
Check on:
www.deskubra.net

by MalenaN

I see in the above post you are also interested in the National Parks and islands, but you don't tell which ones. At a travel agent in Bogotá I saw information about a package deal for Isla Gorgona. Can't remember the price, but I thought it was a good deal and would have liked to go if I haden't been on my way home.

by StephanB

Make sure you check out the fine print for air passes. Usually, you have to be a national, or have flown in to the country on a participating airline.

Travel Tips for Bogotá

an indication of the true nature of Colombians

by richiecdisc

We went into the hostel, got our room and once inside I sorted through the money and realized I had given him 50,000 too much! A queasy feeling came over me. I'm not used to being on the short end when it comes to money and certainly not being the one to perpetuate such conditions. My more than understanding wife tried to console me and said we would just have to be more careful but it did little to make the sour feeling in my stomach go away. By the next day, I had come to my senses. It was, after all only $25 and I'm sure it meant a lot more to him than us. I realized that he could have taken all the money quite easily and just driven away but the truth is that despite everyone's preconception that places like Colombia are so dangerous and full of criminals, the people in South America as a rule are quite honest and friendly. He gave me back the equivalent of $85 and only took the additional $10 on my absolute insistence. Though I vowed to be more careful in the future I figured giving him the money during the holiday season could bring us good things, and that it did, many times over. Besides, if he was any indication, Colombia looked to be full of not only the adventure we were craving but honest people to help us out along the way.

Brrrrrr...

by Saringuis

Very Important!! Don't forget to bring sweaters or a good jacket and warm pyjamas! Beacause of the height Bogota is located on, it gets pretty cold sometimes! Not Freezing, but still, you'll be happy to have warm clothes with you!

Shopping in Bogota? Believe...

by idrincon

Shopping in Bogota? Believe me, it's one of the best in South America (and cheaper for all standards). I recommend the following malls: Unicentro, Andino, Hacienda Santa Barbara and Atlantis Plaza. Premium buys: Clothes, Leather products and emeralds

Airport tax

by travelife

It angers me a little every time I paid departure tax at the airport which are mostly payable in cash in different countries of South America. And you find out that the tax was not included in the price.

The airline stuff asked me to get a tax rebate that perhaps depend on what document you hold and where you are going to.

I got a receipt here in the airport and then went on to get boarding card. And paid the reduced fee before entering deaprture lounge.

Café/Fruteria

by MalenaN

On Calle 11 beside the cathedral there are some nice cafés. The one I visited twice were new and they had no name jet, but it is the one beside La Puerta Falsa. I came here for the fruit salad. The first time I was disappointed because, as in many other places in Colombia, they put a sweet yoghurt sauce on top and cheese. The fruits were just the ones I liked (papaya, melon, kiwi, strawberry, apple and banana) so another day I went back and this time I asked to have the fruit salad natural, without other things.
The fruit salad was 4000 pesos (August 2007).
A strawberry juice with milk was 2500 pesos.
At the café they also serve pastry, snacks and light lunch.

Comments