Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia

Centro Calle Primera de Badillo No 35-74, Centro amurallado, Cartagena, Colombia
(3 star hotel)
#1 of 71 hotels in Cartagena
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 254 reviews
Compare best prices from top travel partners Travelocity

Value Score

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Popular Hotels

Historical Travel Museum Visits Family Travel
See Amenities
Cho45's Profile Photo

Best location in the old city

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2015

In March of this year we went on a four day trip to Cartagena where we stayed at this lovely boutique hotel. Every hotel staff member was courteous and helpful, especially Jaime who was at the front desk most of the time while we were there. On his days off, Angie was on duty and she was equally friendly.

It also helped a great deal as most of the hotel staff spoke reasonably good English. Breakfast, included in the room rate, is on the roof top terrace and you can even order from the menu if the laid out buffet table is not satisfactory enough (it was for me). Jorgy the waiter at the restaurant was very attentive and served us well. You can do without lunch after this hearty breakfast!

There is a safe in the room which is a big plus, as I don't like to take my passport and a lot of cash with me when going out sightseeing. A small swimming pool is located on the ground floor next to the mini-library where you can use their computer to get on the internet. The wi-fi connection in our room was also good and I could get online with my laptop without any problems.

The hotel is within walking distance of many attractions like the Cartagena Cathedral, Plaza de la Paz, Plaza de la Aduana, San Pedro Claver Cathedral at the beautiful colonial square of Plaza Santo Domingo. Several small parks, where all the locals hang out, are also nearby, such as Parque Bolivar, Parque San Diego, etc. A grocery store is just a few steps away on the left when you exit the hotel. There are two money changers/booths on the same street.

All in all, a great hotel at a great location.

Nearby Hotel Don Pedro de Heredia

• Room Service
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Cartagena Travel Forum

Need advice about Cartagena, Colombia? Visit the Travel Forum for Cartagena and ask our Answer Gurus.

Cartagena Travel Guide