Isla Gorgona Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Accommodation Isla Gorgona

Accommodation on Isla Gorgona is expensive. I paid 728 000 pesos for four nights, which is 182 000 pesos per night only for accommodation (July 2008). It feels overpriced for this accommodation, but I guess, even if you pay a special national park fee, you pay to be on the island, and if the money is helping to protect the flora and fauna on the island it is okay.

In my room there were two beds, a sofa, shelves and a bedside table with a lamp. There was also a big umbrella to use if the rain poured down when it was time to go to the restaurant. Besides the rubbish bin there was a plastic bag where you could put all rubbish you brought to the island, so you could take it with you back to the mainland. The bathroom was good with towels, lovely soap and a shower. I think the best thing with the room was that I had a hammock right outside on the porch. The only negative thing with the room was that it was not sound-proof by the thatched roof, so I could hear my neighbours talking in the middle of the night.

Make sure you know where you have your torch as there can be power cuts. When I visited only one power station worked so there was no electricity during the night.

I saw a bat in my room. It quickly disappeared under the roof over the bathroom and then I never saw it again.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: National/State Park
  • Written April 25, 2009
Tip Photo

My room was the first in this building

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful