Hotel Park 10

A subway station in MedellinA subway station in Medellin

New Boots..New Boots..

Visiting Medellin for a few days in April

by englishman007

Hi, it will my first time in Colombia in April. Visiting Villavicencio ( I am a keen aviation enthusiast and Villavicencio has great old aircraft still flying) and from there I am flying to Medellin with Aires. I know medellin had a bad rep- but I hear things got much better. I am not some rich tourist and I am not flashy but I do like a good time. I am also gay. Is there gay life in medellin and is it safe to go to the gay areas? In many cities the gay areas tend to be in bad neighborhoods so I am a little wary. Any ideas of hotels in those particular areas- is there even an " area" where I should be situated- I also plan to see some countryside and bus it down to Cali- would that an advisable thing to do?
Many thanks for your assistance
Mike

by nhoolb

You may want to check my (transportation) pages on Colombia- Bogota and Medellin.
I used to be a (turbo prop) pilot and my opinion on aviation in Colombia is that its OK. Aires Avianca AeroRepublica are all up to standards.

Thanks - I will check out your pages
have a greta day
Mike

by nhoolb

BTW, you may want to check this article:

by englishman007

What is wrong with you? can't you read? .
I'm in Colombia to photograph planes, and yes I happen to be gay. Big deal.You're not worth bothering with- get a life and stop preaching to people - learn to look before you leap. People like you really spoil a site like this.

by englishman007

Many thanks for the constructive info- I printed out the article and will have fun checking it out- you have been very helpful.Many thanks

by englishman007

Deal with it- you are mean-spirited and cannot see further than your own warped ideas. Not everyone is a crook- you have lost the ability to tell the difference. Keep your opinions to yourself. Don;t blame always the evil tourist who might sometimes just maybe, want to help and assist those less fortunate- you make us all sound like we have no heart. I feel you are on this forum purely and simply to annoy and agitate and you have succeeded. Do not respond to me again and do not have nice day.

Travel Tips for Medellín

Parks, parks and more parks

by Lodestar

Just sit down in one of the many street cafes or on one of the many park benches and look at people go by. The atmosphare there is really great - sort of cultural, which cannot be said about most of the other Colombian cities. And definately take a lokk at the Botero sculptures in the centro. sitting on a balcony with a friend, talking about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and looking at the millions of blinking lights on the slopes of the surrounding mountains... and all those hours spent lying next to the fountains looking at all those cute paisas... :) oh, memories

Laureles

by el_ruso

The plane across the river from the center is where the easily likeable barrios of Laureles and San Joaquin are located. This area is not as expensive as El Poblado, but still very tranquil and safe. This is where the UPB university is located, as well as the Unicentro shopping center (not nearly as nice as El Tesoro though). There are two small parks here and many reasonably priced restaurants. The main thoroughfare is Carrera 70 which separates the two barrios.

San Joaquin is the home to a large modern church with several metal cupola. Its design is creative and unique.

K1W1's new Medellin Page

by K1W1

Medellin has some interesting nightlife and art. The people, as you´d expect from Colombians, are friendly.
Check out the ´fat´ art. There are sculptures around the centre and a museum with other exhibits.

Comments