InterContinental Hotel Cali

Avenida Colombia No. 2-72, Cali, 7457, Colombia

InterContinental Cali - Un Hotel Estelar
InterContinental Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• This is the place to stay

This is the best place to stay in Cali.
    Although it's the only place I have stayed in Cali, I have been there on 5 different occasions, and it truly is nice.
    It's really hard for me to compare it to places I would typically stay at in the US. If I did, then i would not be giving this place great reveiws.
    However, it is clean, great service, has high speed wireless internet, a one bedroom suite is only about $100 per night. I believe room service is 24 hours...

Unique Quality: BIG ASS POOL

Has events happening all the time.. When I was there, there was some sort of beauty pageant going on, which was nice...

Extremely safe

Directions: Just tell the Cab driver "Vamos a Inter"

• el_ruso's Profile Photo

OK, but will not exceed your expectations

I will most likely seek a different hotel if I return to Cali. I delayed getting a reservation until I had a few options, and there was a discount on the rooms.

Service is very attentive, rooms are nice furnished, you get fine views of the city out of your windows. There are numerous restaurant options inside and nearby, but the hotel restaurants are predictably overpriced.

Internet is NOT included, and the charge for it is ridiculous, like 7 times more than the normal fare at internet cafes. There is an internet cafe right around the corner.

Mattresses are VERY firm. I mean, VERY. But there is a "pillow menu" (no kidding!) that affords you to choose pillows of various firmness. Water pressure is OK, and the bathrooms are clean and well appointed. Toilet is very quiet. There is actually a phone (!) by the toilet.

On Saturday morning from 7 to 10:30 in the morning there was very noisy hammering that I could not sleep. Also elevators were breaking down all the time.

Unique Quality: Very attentive service, numerous amenities: book store, travel agency, gift store, restaurants.

Directions: Center

• Cali - Intercontinental

I've stayed here about 5 times over the last 20 years, and was just there for 3 nights this week...the remarkable thing is NOTHING has changed. The intercontinental is like the land that time forgot, in an isolated location time forgot. My opinion is they get to charge the rates based on the security and your paying for it....The restaurant and lobby environment are among the most boring I have seen. The lobby bar is pathetic, dark and dated... and there is no traffic through this hotel except guest. Rates are extravagant for Cali. If you are a senior citizen wising to check in and go direct to your room in safety, by all means stay here. I will not stay here again and welcome feedback on better located hotels in Cali (restaurants,bars, disco etc...).

• brad216's Profile Photo

Intercontinental Cali

This hotel is a great place to stay, especially when the weather is hot. Of the hotels I stayed at, this has the best restaurant. The other big advantage of this hotel is the wonderful pool. (be careful, if you're a gringo like me that sun will turn you into a lobster very quickly lol). Security is very tight at this hotel which some people will like very much. There is also a casino here if gambling is of interest to you.

I recommend booking at Intercontinental's webpage for the best prices. They always have an internet special for those booking in advance of 14 days.

Unique Quality: Fantastic pool. Wonderful restaurants

• Best Hotel in Cali?

This has to be the best hotel in Cali. In August of 2003 I received a junior suite (bedroom, bathroom, living room, and a another bathroom, plus a balcony, fits 4 people) for about $83 US dollars (including tax). The service was great, and the food was fantastic. One night we were 8 people dining, and food and drinks cost us about $100 US dollars for all. The swimming pool in the back is nice. Security is good as well. I don't have anything bad to say about this place. Highly recommend it.

Comments