Cali Hotels

Our Members Say

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

Tostaky: In the Heart of Colonial San Antonio

Tostaky is a new guesthouse run by a friendly French and Colombian couple. The place is safe and clean and has a nice atmosphere. It is located in the old, bohemian neighbourhood of San Antonio, a lovely area with arty cafés, shops and restaurants, close to San Antonio church. The place is in walking distance to downtown.

Tostaky has five rooms with shared bathroom. Hot water is available 24 hours. Double rooms were 35.000 COP, and for a single room I payed 25.000 COP (December 2008). There is fully equipped kitchen for guests and laundry service is available. In the same floor is also a TV room and a place with a hammock to relax. A lovely café with great music is attached to the guesthouse where guests are treated with a cup of good Colombian coffee on arrival. They also offer breakfast, crêpes, pizzas and some other dishes. Usually they put one or two tables outside, where people can meet and have a drink.

I stayed there again during the Feria de Cali in December 2009. Then I had a spacious double room for single occupancy which was 35.000 COP. My room was next to the apartment where Vinz and Claudia live and I felt like part of the family. It was so nice to be among my dear friends again! :)

The owners Vinz and Claudia are excellent hosts and some of the friendliest people. They are always helpful with the information and they make free phone calls for you for anything you need. I was staying there for the Feria de Cali and also spent Christmas. On Christmas Eve some friends of Vinz and Claudia came to visit, and all guests were invited to join them with a few glasses of French wine. I met some really nice people and made wonderful new friends :)

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel, Wine Tasting
  • Written April 13, 2009

Vinz and Claudia in front of Tostaky

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

Cafe Tostaky: stay with Vinz

For the majority of our two-month Colombian trip, we tended to stay in local budget places but after a nice stint in the Plantation House in Salento we decided to give the hostel scene of Cali a shot. To be honest, the budget options did not sound all that great and after deliberating on what part of town to stay in, we opted for San Antonio. The area where most of the hostels were located close to the trendy Granada and Chipichape neighborhoods sounded dodgy at night and to be honest not as interesting architecturally as San Antonio. Cafe Tostaky sounded like the best place there and we were happy we chose it as our base in Cali. Run by a Frenchman named Vinz, we were given an orientation by his right hand man that was a nice touch in an era where hostels are increasingly becoming high pressure sales venues where owners and staff try to “sell” tours to bolster their revenue. This was really just a relaxed talk about what to see in the area, how to get around and where to go and not go. The common area cafe was trendy without being pretentious and we were given an free espresso during our orientation. It was easily one of the nicest hostels we've stayed in and thankfully was devoid of the “join in” camaraderie that sometimes overruns such places.

Our room was huge and though simply furnished, it had a nice look and feel to it. The shared bath was conveniently just across the hall and it was clean and fairly modern. About the only complain we had was there was no fan in the room and in the heat of Cali, it was a bit stuffy. It always cooled off late-night and since most people probably don't go to bed till the wee hour of the morning, it likely is not a problem. Thankfully, there was a small courtyard also just off our room with a hammock conveniently strewn in it. I wound up sleeping out there early in the evening and coming in the room once things cooled down. Since most people were out, I had it all to myself.

Our room was 35000 COP ($17.50) per night, a great price for somewhat pricey Cali.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Photography, Road Trip
  • Written December 24, 2010
Tip Photo

a nice clean affordable room

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

Posada San Antonio: a bit out of our range but looked nice

The Posada San Antonio is a mid-range guesthouse right in the middle of up and the up and coming trendy neighborhood of San Antonio. Though we did not stay here, it was hard not to notice its very cool exterior when walking around the area since we were staying not too far away at Cafe Tostaky. The Posada San Antonio reportedly has gorgeous well-appointed rooms set around an equally stunning courtyard. While not cheap, rates include a sumptuous full breakfast and all rooms have private bath and cable TV. Double rooms at 120,000 COP ($60).

• Related to: Photography, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 24, 2010

Posada San Antonio fits right into the area

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Iguana Guesthouse

Iguana is a well known backpackers hostel in the north part of Cali. There is a kitchen, laundry service a computer with Internet, TV with films, luggage storage, organisation of tours, salsa and Spanish lessons. I was just staying one night and had booked a single room. I got a room in the second house (there is a kitchen to use in that house also). The room was clean and had a bathroom and was on the ground floor (felt a bit isolated). It was 26 000 pesos (July 2008) I went over to the other house to see other people and to use the Internet. Sat reading on the balcony with a juice before I wanted to use the Internet, but someone sat down at the Internet before me and stayed for more than an hour.
I was leaving very early in the morning and had asked for a taxi for 4.30am and they called from the hostel. I was waiting in the morning, but after a long time I went over to the other house (a guard was sitting in the dark street) and rang the bell. They made a new phone call for a taxi and finally one arrived.
I felt a bit out of place at the hostel, but I guess I can’t say much as I stayed a very short time.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 16, 2008

My room

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1237

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

posada san antonio: very comfortable hostal in san antonio

very beautiful colonial house nice inner garden
beautiful rooms

free internet
good breakfast
freindly personal service

• Related to: Festivals, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 5, 2012
Tip Photo

garden of hostal san antonio

• AndreasK profile photo AndreasK
  • Reviews: 924

The picture shows Popayan's...

The picture shows Popayan's hotel Casona del Virrey where you can stay for less than 10$ a night.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written September 7, 2002
Tip Photo

• viajeromaga profile photo viajeromaga
  • Reviews: 305

• Richard.GVA profile photo Richard.GVA
  • Reviews: 34

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Colours Hostel: Modern and colorful

Extrremely friendly and helpful, modern and clean facilities, in walking distance to bus terminal and city center, a great place to meet fellow travelers and backpackers. True, apart from a shop and a couple of snack bars, there iis not much in the vicinity. A walk to the nearest supermarket and shopping area takes 12 minutes, to the city center and banks at least 20, but fast bus service is just 2 blocks away and taxis are cheap.

Kitchen facilities, warm showers, free internet (desktop), large TV and video screen etc. Dorms and single/double room accomodation.

• Written March 25, 2011

• morgr profile photo morgr
  • Reviews: 258

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Calidad House: Nice Place

This place is run by a friendly couple, Colombian girl and a British guy, as well as two big dogs. It's just your average hostel, nothing worth raving about. Cold water only.

Girl speaks Spanish only. Guy speaks English.

Dorm bed : 14,000pesos

• Written April 11, 2007

One of the dogs.

• daytripper1way profile photo daytripper1way
  • Reviews: 1

Duggers and Green Hotel: The Best Accomodations in Cali

I cannot recoommend this place enough. I have felt safe and at home from the start. Fabio and Darrio have taken excellent care of me and are like my family here. It is very inexpensive and a great place to stay.

Carrera 27 Oeste No 3- 45 Av Circunvalacion
Edificio Mariela
Cali Colombia
011-572-558 - 1070
310-503-5171
www.duggersandgreen.com

outstanding attention and care for everything you need. You need not speak spanish or even have a clue where you are going :)

Breakfast is incredible.

You will make friends forever here.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 2, 2004

• K1W1 profile photo K1W1
  • Reviews: 433
Hostal Calidad: Hostal Calidad

Dormitories are 10,000 Pesos
Private rooms are 12,000 Pesos.

Clean and relaxing with very friendly managers, A local, Emma and Pom, Dave have all the info you´ll need to explore and enjoy this cool city.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive