Isla de Providencia Hotels

Our Members Say

• TJD22 profile photo TJD22
  • Reviews: 4

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deep Blue: Deep Blue - Found a Paradise!

Beautiful hotel with amazing sea views towards Crab Caye. The rooftop terrace with small infinity pool is a beautiful spot to admire the view. Rooms are super comfortable and very boutique-style. Restaurant food was excellent, the service very good. Recommend borrowing a kayak for the afternoon to go snorkelling, golf buggies can be hired to visit nearby beaches. Providencia is a remarkable island - an enchanting Caribbean paradise with very few other tourists around. Bliss!

Amazing views, beautiful infinity pool

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written January 15, 2013

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Staying with the Local People: Surrounded by Banana Trees

When I returned to Providencia I really wanted to stay in Bahía Manzanillo, the bay that I fell in love on my first visit. I asked my local friends if they could help me finding a place to say. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, to keep the place quiet) there was no accommodation but I was invited to stay with them. Toribio was waiting with his motorbike at the airport and brought me to his place, a very simple little house made of wood and surrounded by banana trees. It was very hot during the night and beside, there was no mosquito net, so I didn't sleep well. The next day I moved to his brother's house (it was empty, Carlos recently moved to Costa Rica) which was just behind Toribio's house.

It's a two-storey wooden house painted bright orange. On the ground floor is a kitchen with a big freezer to store the catch of fish, and a bathroom. There is no running water but Toribio brought it every day in a container. On the first floor is a sleeping room with a double bed and a living room with a huge balcony facing banana and other tropical trees. The whole sleeping room is covered with mosquito net so I was safe from annoying mosquitos during the night.

Staying with the local people and getting to know their daily life was a great experience and I very much enjoyed it. Since I had the whole house just for myself I was somehow independent and could always stay away from people if I wanted. But this actually never happened :)

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Jungle and Rain Forest
  • Written June 14, 2010
Tip Photo

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nuevo Horizonte: Christine's Huffington's Place

Posada Nuevo Horizonte is located in Aguadulce area where tourist agencies and most hotels are found. It has five comfortable rooms all with bathroom, balcony, air conditioning, fridge, fan, cable TV, attended by its owner Miss Christine Huffington. Four of them have a double bed and a single, and one room with three single beds. The house is made by wood and painted brightly blue. I stayed in a room with a double bed and there was a nice view from the balcony. The room was 50.000 COP (December 2009).

Several restaurants and operators of water sports, such as diving, windsurfing and canoeing, are located near the house on the beach, where you can also organize a boat trip around the island.

I quite enjoyed my stay in Nuevo Horizonte. The owner Christine is a nice and friendly lady. On my arrival she offered a glass of fresh guajaba juice and gave me some information about the island. I also met her grandchild. My new little friend brought me to several places and showed me how to dance. She even made a few drawings and wrote some words for me. Oh, how sweet of her! :)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average