Isla de San Andrés Hotels

Our Members Say

• imolinar profile photo imolinar
  • Reviews: 17

Free Port Hotel: Not that great

The hotel is ok, but I would not stay there again. There is not hot water. The dinner is a set menu (not very healthy though with sugary drinks). The place was packed with locals from Providencia which were very noisy. The location was great though.

good location, next to all the shopping, a few blocks from the sea

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 10, 2010

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1237

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

decameron san luis - all inclusive: decameron san luis - all inclusive

You will find a perfect combination of fun and relaxation:

Comfortable beds
A variety of exquisite food day and night
Unlimited refreshing beverages and cocktails
A wide range of indoor and outdoor activities
Beautifull beaches and swimming pools
Health spas and gyms
Water Sports (scuba diving, kayak, windsurf, sunfish and more)
Decameron Explorer’s exciting tour services at a low rate
Nightly shows, entertainment, casinos, live music, bars, games and contests
Night clubs with open bar, where the disk jockey drives the dance floor wild until dawn.
No restrictions, 24 hours a day, all at great rates!
Decameron gives you all the comfort all included!

• Written August 23, 2009
Tip Photo

garden at decameron san luis

• mircaskirca profile photo mircaskirca
  • Reviews: 1091

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Monica's Place: Las Posadas Nativas

Visitors interested in interacting with the locals should check out the island's excellent home-stay programme, Las Posadas Nativas. I wanted to be away from the town of San Andrés and thought a quiet San Luis would be much better choice. There were two such places to stay and I chose Monica's Place owned by Caselita Forbes. The other place asked to pay half of the price as a deposit and I did not want to do that.

I had a medium sized room (bathroom was separately) and I could use the terrace. I did not get the key of the house so each time when I get there I had to knock at the door (sometimes it took quite some time until she heard me) and then go through Caselita's living room. I had not much privacy if I wanted it. The price of the room with a breakfast was COP 45.000 and with another meal (lunch or dinner) COP 50.000.

This time my accommodation wasn't a very good choice :( I had a strange feeling about the owner. I could not say that she behaved unkind towards me. But during my stay she did several basic mistakes which I think she should not do to any of her guests. In fact, it all started already at the beginning. I arrived in the middle of the night and she was supposed to wait for me at the airport with her taxi driver friend but she did not come. She explained she was expecting me one day later.

And there was always something 'wrong'. One day I came from the beach and she wasn't at home. I had to wait outside more than one hour until she was back and open the door. Another day there was no water as she did not provide it early enough. On the 31st of December, when I returned from my long day of snorkeling, she did not make any dinner for me. Did she think that lunch I had during the day in the restaurant on the beach was enough for the whole day? I had to forget abut any New Year's dinner :( And I asked her a couple of days in advance if on the day before I left San Andrés she could make rondón (a typical dish of the archipelago that I liked so much) for my last dinner. She then said she could not provide the ingredients which was a very bad excuse.

If some day I return to San Andrés I'm definitely not going to stay here again.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture
  • Written May 15, 2009

my room

• call_me_rhia profile photo call_me_rhia
  • Reviews: 4297

Cocoplum Beach Resort: right on san andres' most beautiful beach

I chose the Cocoplum hotel because it is the only one located right on the beach - moreoever it was in San Luis, which is a lot more quieter and secluded than El Centro de San Luis, where most people go... and yet only 10 minutes drive away.

it's a small hotel with a lot of character, with a large garden shaded by palm trees and 44 rooms located in colourful houses in Caribbean typical architecture. It's also located on the island's most beautiful beach, Rocky Cay's beach.

A beautiful hotel which is incredibly badly run... excelent rooms but all the rest does not seem to work properly... the restaurant is highly toxic and will occasionally charge an extra 10% if you eat there outside the appointed hours (which no one could tell us what they were), the reception not very useful (but they try hard) and the common safe closes from 5 PM to 9 AM in the morning - or later, if the Canadian proprietor decides he has something better to do that day.

• Written August 10, 2008

colourful rooms

• leisure_lif3 profile photo leisure_lif3
  • Reviews: 4

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

calypso beach hotel: decent price & quality, but right on the beach!

at first, $35USD a night for a spacious room, AC, private bathroom, breakfast and dinner sounds like a great idea. well, it is! until the food gets a little too repetitive or the oddly high amounts of loose insect wings strewn around the bathtub gets tiresome. i never figured out where those bugs kept coming in from, or why i only saw wings and never actually a bug except once or twice. there's no hot water, but in an area like san andres, cold water is actually a good thing. the staff is fun and very warm, although when i come back, i usually see that a lot of my stuff has been moved around, but nothing has ever gone missing. most of the staff here normally don't speak english, but they've always had one or two people on staff that speaks english.

there is a small pool on the rooftop deck, with another area for sunbathing. it overlooks the entire san andres town, which is a beautiful sight. the restaurant, which is right next to the pool, has wrap-around windows looking out to johnny cay and beyond. there's an internet cafe right across the street from it, and the entrance of the hotel is where the beach is.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written August 5, 2006

• RWFAN profile photo RWFAN
  • Reviews: 40

Decameron Aquarium: Unique!

I didn't stay here but because I was staying at another Decameron resort I was free to visit this one and drink at the bar etc. From what I could tell it was a very nice hotel. As with the San Luis Decameron that I stayed in the rooms are comfortable and basic. It has a very good a la carte restaurant that sits out on the water, and also a disco in the evening in a tower out on the pier. Most of the people staying there while I was visiting were from mainland Colombia.

There is a choice of 4 different restaurants at this resort; 3 a la carte and 1 standard buffet for breakfast and lunch. There are also 3 bars, a discotheque, and an onsite travel agency. It's rated as a Four Star resort on the island. Also, as with the other Decamerons on the island, there is a complimentary scheduled transportation service between the island´s 5 Decameron Hotels.

The rooms at this hotel are very unique because they are in round towers that for the most part sit out on the water, so if you got the right room the view would be spectacular in the morning, and there were balcony's on the rooms so you could sit out over the ocean without leaving your room. I was talking to one couple who was staying there and they said that the only thing that they didn't like about it was that in the tower rooms above the water you weren't allowd to flush toilet paper down the toilets.

The Aquarium didn't have much in the way of a beach. To swim you just jump off the docks built out over the ocean. There were also beach chairs on the docks for tanning purposes.

This particular hotel is very close to town, walking distance even. So it's good for people who plan to do a lot of shopping while in San Andres.

• Written February 25, 2006
Tip Photo

View of one of the towers from the snack/bar area

• RWFAN profile photo RWFAN
  • Reviews: 40

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Decameron San Luis: San Andres Best Beach and Most Colourful Hotel!

The resort that our group stayed at was one of the 5 Decameron Resorts on the island. It was called the San Luis, and was situated on the East side of the Island, North of downtown. It is the furthest on the island from the airport, but boasts the best beach, night program, and you don't hear the rumble of the airport. The service was top-notch and the staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. The rooms are basic accomodations, that wouldn't suit someone used to 5 STAR resorts. They are equipped with air conditioning and come in various sizes. There are no telephones or clocks in the rooms, but it was only a small inconveinice because there is a phone available and we picked up a cheap travel alarm clock in town.

When you pay to stay at one Decameron Resort on the Island, you get the benefit of being able to play at all 5 (this includes all included water activities, bars, buffet, a la carte (must reserve in advance) and pools etc.) There is a shuttle that runs at certain times throughout the day free of cost to Decameron customers, however we found it easier to hop on the city bus that runs much more frequently and pay the small fee. You see more local colour that way also!

The San Luis beach is supposed to be the best beach on the island. It is situated acrossed the street from the resort and is a public beach. That said, the fact that is was acrossed the street wasn't as inconveinient as people think it will be, it was only a 2 minute walk from my room.

There are 3 pools at the resort. One is used for the Actividades crew to hold Volleyball Games and the snorkelling training is here. There is one with a shallow section that is where most of the families with small children swam. And there was one more by the dining hall that was large with lounge chairs all around.

There are 2 a la carte restaurants and one International Buffet. The buffet is where you go for breakfast and lunch, and you can make reservations for either of the a la cartes for dinner. At the buffet there are different hot options and grills each day, with 2 seatings for both breakfast and lunch. Also there is the salad bar. The a la cartes were the Pasta-fary, and a Japanese restaurant. I didn't eat at the Japanese one while I was there but I heard only good things about it. We ate at the Pasta-fary twice and thought that we had died and gone to heaven! If you get hungry between seating there is also a snack bar that is open from 12noon to 5pm, and again at 11:30pm-1:30am.

There are 4 bars at the San Luis also... and I think we discovered that there is somewhere to get a drink at all times of day... whether it was midnight or 6am.

To stay the week, including airfare and taxes cost me roughly $1100 Canadian.

• Related to: Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, School Holidays
  • Written February 20, 2006
Tip Photo

View from my first floor balcony.

• brad216 profile photo brad216
  • Reviews: 16

Decamaron Aquarium: All-inclusive resorts

Very pleasant staff who goes out of there way to accomodate you. Nice size rooms, try to get one of the rooms overlooking the water.

I highly recommend staying at this all-inclusive resort

Great views of the water from your balcony. Nice pool. Advantage of going between the many Decamaron resorts on the island at no cost.

• Written October 5, 2005

• gcruz profile photo gcruz
  • Reviews: 10

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Decameron: San Andres Hotel

I was in Decameron San Luis, and you can move across between Decameron Hotels. Food is deliciuos.

Beatiful Sea, Wonderful women, nice pools