Decameron San Luis San Andrés

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• saskajenn's Profile Photo

Just right...

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly and spoke just enough english to understand but not enough that it encouraged me to use my rough Spanish. The resort was clean and well taken care of, the food was good, the International Restaurant was decent for breakfast and lunch, but the Japanese restaurant was delicious for dinner. The beach was right across the street.. close enough that you could skip back to the resort for yet another Pina Colada. Also across the street and down the way about a 2 minute walk (I walked in my bare feet it was so close) is a little Reggae bar that played great music! The bartender here was more than courteous and entertaining!

Directions: A resort facing the beach.. not in the heart of the small town, which was perfect for me. It was about a 15 minute taxi ride up the island to the heart of the little town.

More about Decameron San Luis San Andrés

Decameron San Luis

by oyesabesque about Decameron San Luis

A great Stay, look in the description... i wrote a lot about it.
Reserve your dinner as soon as you can if you want to eat in the different restaurants of all of the decameron hotels. By staying in one of decameron, you can eat in any of them The beach has a great coral barrier, its very cosy, and in the door

Extasis Disco

by oyesabesque about Going dancing in San Andres

We went there and it was very fun. You shouldnt go by yourself, we went with a cool guy called Diego, we contacted him at the Decameron San Luis Lobby, and he takes you in a pick up truck, and he checks if the disco is good or not... other friends of mine went by themselves, paid the entrance fee and the disco was empty!!!

Honeymoon on San Andres

by colombiaalive

"Honeymoon on San Andres"

I was on San Andres in February 1999. It was my honeymoon. We booked our holiday through a travel agency which arranged the hotel, flight, excursions and trips.

We stayed in the Decameron San Luis Hotel, and were on several excursions to Johnny Key, Aquarium, the Morgan's cave, the blow hole. Also, we were in several tours around the island by train and car.

We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel's restaurant, the fruit and salad were waited our selves, the chocolate or coffee, eggs, bread, orange juice; were taken on the way to the checkout. We always had lunch out, because during the day we were on tours. The most beautiful place for us; was Johnny Key with its wonderful beach.

As we travelled around the island, the captain gave us a nice drink named CubaLibre- free Cuba, made of Rum, Coca-cola and a little lemon juice.

We were on the island again, in a time, but we were told that the blow hole wasn't active because the tide was low. However, we had luck and it blew when we were there.

We rented a little car to travel around the island and it was very funny, on the way we drank a strange and delicious cocktail named "mad coconut".

Edgar Alfonso

San Andres y Providencia Accommodation

by charlottefisher29

I am going to San Andres in October with my boyfriend for about 9 days and I would like to know if anyone has any good accommodation recommendations. I have had a look at the big hotels there (Decameron, hotel Sol etc...) and they look nice but I do not want these big all inclusive mass tourism type places. I am looking for a smaller boutique type hotel or even a private house or villa. We would like more independent style accommodation but I am finding it difficult to find anywhere. It is a special trip so we are prepared to spend a bit more money on the right place.

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

RE: San Andres y Providencia Accommodation

by RWFAN

HI there! I was in San Andres in January. I stayed the the Decameron San Luis. I didn't really see the kind of thing that you are looking for while I was there. The resort that I was at was a 3 star, it was good for us because we were a group of 20 college kids! The Decameron Marazul is supposed to be nicer, but again, not the kind of private accommodations you are looking for. Check out my San Andres page though, see if there is anything helpful! It was a great island, very easy to get around, and the people we wonderful!

Comments