Isla San Cristóbal Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hostal Casa de Laura

Before coming to San Cristóbal I had read in my guidebook about Hostal Casa de Laura and it seemed to be a very nice place. That is where I went first, but unfortunately it was fully booked for the night, but there was a group leaving the next morning so I just had to find another place for one night and then came back to stay at Hostal Casa de Laura for four nights.

I got a room on the second floor, a room with two beds, a bedside table with a lamp, a shelf and hangers. The bathroom was clean and there was hot water in the shower. And as always in Ecuadorian hotels a towel and soap was provided. Outside the room there was a chair and a nice view towards Puerto Baquerizo Moreno.

In the courtyard there is a small garden and in the front there are some hammocks where you can lay and relax. Laura who owns Casa de Laura is a very nice lady.

I paid $20 per night (July 2013).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 21, 2014
Tip Photo

Hostal Casa de Laura, San Cristobal

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hostal León Dormido

Before coming to San Cristóbal I had read about Casa de Laura Hostal in my guidebook and it sounded to be a nice place, so that is where I went when I arrived. Unfortunately it was fully booked for the night, but there was a tour group leaving the next day. I needed somewhere to stay for a night and therefore went to Hostal León Dormido.

At Hostal León Dormido I got a room for $25 (July 2013). It was a room with two beds, a bedside table, a table, a chair, a wardrobe, a TV, an A/C (which I never use) and a bathroom. Sounds from the corridor could easily be heard through the door, but luckily it got quiet early. If it will be quiet or not of course depends on the other guests.

Hostal León Dormido has a good location, only half a block away from the malecón. What I miss though is a place where it is possible to sit outside and relax.

• Opinion of Price: N/A