Isla Santa Cruz Hotels

Our Members Say

Hostal Lirio del Mar, Puerto Ayora

Besides being one of the cheapest places in Puerto Ayora for a room with private bathroom, Hostal Lirio del Mar has got a good location on Islas Plazas, just off Av Charles Darwin.
I stayed here for several nights in June/July 2013 and I had not booked a room in advance.

I was first shown a room with one bed, a room situated opposite the reception. In the reception area there are a couple of sofas and a TV, so I was afraid this was going to be a noisy room Instead I was shown another room down the corridor, and that seemed to be much better, so I took that. The room had two beds, a bedside table (but no reading lamp on it), two chairs, a fan and hangers. There was a mosquito net over the window, but at night time it was also possible to close the window. There was also a window facing the corridor, which was very unnecessary. All sounds from the corridor was easily heard so if the room is quiet or not depends very much on your neighbours. In the shower the water never got really warm and beside the shower some cables were sticking out and a few times it started to smell burnet when I had a shower. From the roof there is a nice view.

For the room I paid $15 (June/July 2013). There is no breakfast served at Hostal Lirio del Mar, but you can find good places for that nearby.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 29, 2014

Hostal Lirio del Mar, Puerto Ayora

Hotel Crossman, Puerto Ayora

Coming back to Puerto Ayora I had a fever and wanted to find a quiet hotel. I went to Hotel Crossman to check it out. First I was shown a room on the ground floor with a double bed and a single bed. The room only had windows to the corridor and was quite dark. I asked to see another room and was taken to the third floor (second floor) to see a room with balcony. It was much, much better. The room was quite large with a double bed (it was comfortable) and two bedside tables, but unfortunately no reading lamp. There were shelves and hangers, a TV and a fridge (the latter two I didn’t use). In the bathroom there was warm water. It was a quiet place.

For the room I paid $25 per night (2013). Breakfast was not included in the price. In my guidebook it had said the price was $30 including breakfast, but when I asked for breakfast they said they didn’t do that at the moment. Maybe because there were not a lot of people staying there (at least I didn’t see any others). Anyway, there are other places not too far away where you can eat breakfast.

Hotel Crossman is a quite small hotel with nine rooms. It is situated in a nice white building with lots of flowers around the entrance.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 29, 2014

View from the balcony

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Peregrina, Puerto Ayora

La Peregrina was the most expensive place I stayed in during my Ecuador trip (in 2011), but I wanted to book in advance via email and I also wanted a good location, and I had difficulties finding a cheaper place. The location of La Peregrina is very good. It is located on Av Charles Darwin, near the fish market at Pelican Bay.

The breakfast, which is served between 7 - 9 is also good. There was fruits, fresh fruit juice, eggs, bread, butter, jam and coffee or tea

The room and bathroom was clean and had good space. What I didn’t like was that too much light was coming in to the room from the porch during the night and walls were also quite thin, so I woke up one night only by someone walking by on the porch. A single room was $32 (July 2011).

There is a nice garden with hammocks and there is laundry service.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 31, 2011

Hammocks in the garden

• Ecuador62 profile photo Ecuador62
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Red Mangrove Lodges: Love this lodges

We took their 3 Islands 3 Lodges tour to visit the Galapagos land base, very complete nice Lodges they are not luxury they are Refined, we really recomend this company www.redmangrove.com it was less expensive than cruises and finished doind 2 ddays of diving, great guides and Veronica the best

Only brand with 3 facilities in the Islands,