Hostal Lirio del Mar

Budget Travel Backpacking
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostal Lirio del Mar

by written on February 28, 2014

Besides being one of the cheapest places in Puerto Ayora for a room with private bathroom, Hostal Lirio del Mar has got a good location on Islas Plazas, just off Av Charles Darwin.
I stayed here for several nights in June/July 2013 and I had not booked a room in advance.

I was first shown a room with one bed, a room situated opposite the reception. In the reception area there are a couple of sofas and a TV, so I was afraid this was going to be a noisy room Instead I was shown another room down the corridor, and that seemed to be much better, so I took that. The room had two beds, a bedside table (but no reading lamp on it), two chairs, a fan and hangers. There was a mosquito net over the window, but at night time it was also possible to close the window. There was also a window facing the corridor, which was very unnecessary. All sounds from the corridor was easily heard so if the room is quiet or not depends very much on your neighbours. In the shower the water never got really warm and beside the shower some cables were sticking out and a few times it started to smell burnet when I had a shower. From the roof there is a nice view.

For the room I paid $15 (June/July 2013). There is no breakfast served at Hostal Lirio del Mar, but you can find good places for that nearby.

Directions: Puerto Ayora, Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos Islands

5 Photos of Hostal Lirio del Mar

Puerto Ayora Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Ayora, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Ayora and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Ayora hotel reviews