Hotel Crossman

See Amenities
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hotel Crossman

by written on March 4, 2014

2013: Coming back to Puerto Ayora I had a fever and wanted to find a quiet hotel. I went to Hotel Crossman to check it out. First I was shown a room on the ground floor with a double bed and a single bed. The room only had windows to the corridor and was quite dark. I asked to see another room and was taken to the third floor (second floor) to see a room with balcony. It was much, much better. The room was quite large with a double bed (it was comfortable) and two bedside tables, but unfortunately no reading lamp. There were shelves and hangers, a TV and a fridge (the latter two I didn’t use). In the bathroom there was warm water. It was a quiet place.

For the room I paid $25 per night (2013). Breakfast was not included in the price. In my guidebook it had said the price was $30 including breakfast, but when I asked for breakfast they said they didn’t do that at the moment. Maybe because there were not a lot of people staying there (at least I didn’t see any others). Anyway, there are other places not too far away where you can eat breakfast.

Hotel Crossman is a quite small hotel with nine rooms. It is situated in a nice white building with lots of flowers around the entrance.
___________________________________________________________________
2014: This year I booked the same room I had stayed in last year. It was okay to do so only a few days before my arrival, with the exception of one day when the hotel was fully booked by a tour group. That night I stayed in another hotel, but then I came back.

The price for the room was now $30, but that also included breakfast, which was served this year. It was served between 7 - 8. I got coffee, bread, egg, jam and butter, cheese, ham, juice and a piece of fruit.

I like the location of Hotel Crossman as it is situated near the path to Tortuga Bay. That made it convenient to go for a jog along that trail before breakfast.

Nearby Hotel Crossman

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Santa Cruz Travel Forum

Need advice about Santa Cruz, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Santa Cruz and ask our Answer Gurus.

Santa Cruz Travel Guide