Isinlivi, Cotopaxi Province, Ecuador, South America

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostal Llullu Llama

I paid for my nights at Hostal Llullu Llama when I was in Latacunga at Hostal Tiana as the hostels have the same owner. For my own room, and with breakfast and dinner included, I paid $25 per night. As there is no private bathroom I think it was overpriced. In Isinliví I saw a sign on the wall saying that if you stay a second night you will get a $4 discount. As I was staying two nights the volunteer at Llullu Llama gave me $4 back. Then I must say I don’t understand why they have a foreign volunteer working for free at the hostel, when it is much better to employ someone from the village.

Anyway, the hostel is nice with a lovely garden, and it is a very tranquil place. And the food is very good. There is only one toilet though, so that might be a problem if the hostel is full. The toilet is a composing toilet and it is in a greenhouse with a great view over the green mountains. There are two showers with hot water, but both showers are in the same room. In the living room there is a woodstove where a fire is lit in the evenings.

At the hostel you can get a map with description of the hike to Chugchilan, or for other hikes nearby.

The first day we were only two guests during the day, but when we were having dinner three more guests arrived. They had been walking from Chugchilan and had got lost and were therefore late. The second night I was the only guest, even the volunteer had gone to Latacunga, so when Gladys and her children went to their house nearby I was all alone in the house.

Private room is $21 per person ($25 if you are alone)
    Dorm is $18
    The prices include dinner (but no drinks) and breakfast.

Just next to Hostal Llullu Llama they are now building another hostel.

Comments