Hostal Taita Cristobal

Budget Travel Hiking and Walking Backpacking
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostal Taita Cristobal

by written on November 1, 2012

When I visited Isinliví in 2011 I had stayed at Llullu Llama. It is a very nice place, but I thought it was overpriced (for the area) and there was only one bathroom to share. That year another hostal was built in the village, owned by locals (which Llulu llama isn’t), so I decided to check it out first.

I liked Hostal Taita Cristobal and stayed there. I got a room on the upper floor. It was new and very clean. There were two beds, a bedside table, a carpet by the bed and hangers on the wall. There was no lamp on the bed side table but there was a switch for the lamp in the roof next to the bed. The room had its private bathroom where there was soap and shampoo. I asked for a towel and toilet paper and got that too. Outside the room there was a bench on the balcony and beautiful view over the mountains. In the evening when I came back from a walk I sat there reading for a while and the owner Miriam brought me a pot of tea. It was very peaceful to sit there and watch the sun disappearing behind the mountains.

Dinner and breakfast was served in Miriam’s home. For dinner I got a soup and a plate with meat, mashed potatoes, cucumber and tomatoes. I shared dinner table with two men who also came to eat. I think that Miriam has got a small “restaurant service” because in the morning they were five men eating. For breakfast I got fruits, yogurt, bread and papaya juice. Miriam asked me if I also wanted to have the same as the men were eating, potatoes and pasta. Yes, I wanted that too. I was going for a long hike and needed lots of energy for that.

When I took a walk I could see that below the hostal they are still constructing a building. I wonder if that will be private quarters or for tourists.

Hostal Taita Cristobal is named after Miriam’s father. The price for the room, including breakfast and dinner was $12 (2012).

5 Photos of Hostal Taita Cristobal

Isinliví Travel Forum

Need advice about Isinliví, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Isinliví and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Isinliví hotel reviews