Tigua Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4899

Posada de Tigua

This was the second most expensive place I stayed at during my visit to Ecuador, and then my room did not even have a private bathroom, but both breakfast and dinner was included in the price. I paid $30 for one night (July 2011).

Posada de Tigua is a lovely and welcoming place. It is situated in a rustic farmhouse from the 1890s and it is still a working farm. Much of what is served at dinner is grown or made at the farm. The homemade yoghurt and cheese both tasted very good. Dinner was served by the owners Marco and Margarita and before it was served they greeted all guests welcome and told us about the food and what they produce on the farm. The dinner was of good quality and we got soup, chicken, potatoes, rice and vegetables.

When I arrived after the long hike from Quilotoa I was hungry and could get a late lunch . I got a delicious quinoa soup with homemade cheese and for that I paid $3.50. Later, sitting in the room with the woodstove, before dinner, I had a beer and it was $2.

Instead of taking a very early morning bus to Zumbahua the next morning I and a Dutch couple shared a private transport from Posada de Tigua to Zumbahua at 5.45 in the morning, and for that we paid $20 one way (we took the bus back). We had asked if we could have our breakfast later in the morning when we came back after the market and that was okay.

Just after I arrived to Posada de Tigua some of the tourists staying there went out to the cow-shed to milk the cows. At the posada you can also arrange to go horseback riding.

• Opinion of Price: N/A