Hostal Coco Bongo

Budget Travel Backpacking
See Amenities
nicolasoceane17's Profile Photo

Very disappointing

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 8, 2014

When I stayed there, my blackberry went missing from my room, The only person around that day was the maid and her kid. Later I heard from around town many other foreigners have been robbed there,
If your a backpacker on a tight budget then sure the place is ok, and Bahia de Caraquez was amazing

MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostal Coco Bongo

by written on October 6, 2012

I had broken my wrist and had got metal pins in my wrist so I needed to rest for a few days. As there was going to be a noisy festival in Canoa I came to Bahía de Caraquez, and there Hostal Coco Bongo seemed to be a good place to stay at.

I had been shown two rooms with private bathroom and I choose the larger of them, which was also the brighter one. In the room there was a double bed, a single bed, a bedside table, a chair, cupboards, a fan and a TV. Also the bathroom was large. It was a convenient room for me who at the time could only use one hand, I couldn´t open and close my bag easily and therefore it was good to have space to spread out things in. I paid $20 for the room (July 2012) and breakfast was not included. At the hostel there are also dorms and a few more private rooms. My room was nice, but I have heard from other people that the private room which is situated on the ground floor is small, dark and damp.

The breakfast is very good and cost $3. Included in the breakfast was a fruit salad, juice, eggs, bread with cheese and coffee or tea.

There is a kitchen you can use and there are several places where you can sit reading a book or chat with other people. At the tables near the reception there were some mosquitoes. I preferred to sit at the table on the pavement outside the hostel, where it was lighter and a better breeze.
The owner Susy, and Michaela and Louise working there, were all very nice and helpful.

Nearby Hostal Coco Bongo

5 Photos of Hostal Coco Bongo

Amenities at Hostal Coco Bongo

• Restaurant
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Bahía de Caráquez Travel Forum

Need advice about Bahía de Caráquez, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Bahía de Caráquez and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bahía de Caráquez hotel reviews