Hostal Coco Bongo

Malecon Alberto F Santos, 410 y Arenas, Bahia de Caraquez, Ecuador

• nicolasoceane17's Profile Photo

Very disappointing

When I stayed there, my blackberry went missing from my room, The only person around that day was the maid and her kid. Later I heard from around town many other foreigners have been robbed there,
    If your a backpacker on a tight budget then sure the place is ok, and Bahia de Caraquez was amazing

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostal Coco Bongo

I had broken my wrist and had got metal pins in my wrist so I needed to rest for a few days. As there was going to be a noisy festival in Canoa I came to Bahía de Caraquez, and there Hostal Coco Bongo seemed to be a good place to stay at.

I had been shown two rooms with private bathroom and I choose the larger of them, which was also the brighter one. In the room there was a double bed, a single bed, a bedside table, a chair, cupboards, a fan and a TV. Also the bathroom was large. It was a convenient room for me who at the time could only use one hand, I couldn´t open and close my bag easily and therefore it was good to have space to spread out things in. I paid $20 for the room (July 2012) and breakfast was not included. At the hostel there are also dorms and a few more private rooms. My room was nice, but I have heard from other people that the private room which is situated on the ground floor is small, dark and damp.

The breakfast is very good and cost $3. Included in the breakfast was a fruit salad, juice, eggs, bread with cheese and coffee or tea.

There is a kitchen you can use and there are several places where you can sit reading a book or chat with other people. At the tables near the reception there were some mosquitoes. I preferred to sit at the table on the pavement outside the hostel, where it was lighter and a better breeze.
    The owner Susy, and Michaela and Louise working there, were all very nice and helpful.

Comments