Amalur Hostal Restaurante

See Amenities
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hostal Amalur

by written on September 23, 2012

Amalur is owned by the most kind and helpful couple Diego and Lorena from Spain. Other good things about Amalur, besides the owners, are that it is a quiet place away from the beach (where at least weekends can be noisy), the restaurant has good food, there are a few hammocks on the roof, it is clean and it feels like a safe place. In the room the bed was good with mosquito net and there are plenty of shelves and hangers. There is also a fan in the room. What I missed was a bedside lamp, hangers in the bathroom and soap. The walls are also quite thin and I could hear the couple in the room next to mine, and a fan in another room. I paid $18 for the room (June 2012) and breakfast was not included.

Amalur is situated a few blocks away from the beach and even if it is a good place I decided the first night I was there that I was going to stay for two nights, then move to Hostal Baloo by the beach for another two nights as I wanted to be close to the sea. Now that didn’t happen as I fell and broke my wrist. In this situation people at Amalur was very helpful and coming back after surgery in Portoviejo I thought Amalur was a good place to stay at for a few days to rest. However, Lorena advised me to go somewhere else the next day as it was time for the big annual fiesta of Canoa, and loud music was going to be played on the plaza outside Amalur until 5am, and it would be impossible to sleep.

At Amalur you can get help to arrange for surf-, Spanish- and dance lessons. They also provide transport to and from Bahía for $10 (June 2012). That was good as the bus from Quito arrived to Bahía at 20.00 and when I left Canoa I needed help with the luggage. Diego took me to two different places in Bahía so I could choose which one was best for me to rest in.

Directions: A few blocks away from the beach.

5 Photos of Amalur Hostal Restaurante

• Pets Allowed
  • Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet

Canoa Travel Forum

Need advice about Canoa, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Canoa and ask our Answer Gurus.