Hotel Pacifico

Budget Travel Backpacking
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hotel Pacífico

by written on October 30, 2012

I had made no reservation before arriving in Puerto Lopez but hoped it would be okay anyway in the beginning of July. First I went to Hostal Maxima, which was cheap and looked nice, but unfortunately they didn’t have any available rooms with private bathroom. I really needed a private bathroom as I had broken my wrist and had had an operation only a few days earlier. I couldn’t carry things back and forth to a bathroom and everything, like showering and getting dressed, took much longer with only one hand to use.

I decided to go to Hotel Pacífico, which was not too far away. At Hotel Pacífico a room for one person was $25 (July 2012), but as I was staying for four nights I could have the room for $20 per night. The room was on the third floor in the back, and that was a good quiet location. In the room there was two beds with mosquito nets, a TV, a table, two chairs, a bedside table with a lamp (which unfortunately was too week for reading), shelves, hangers and a fan. It was a convenient room for me.

There are a few rooms at Hotel Pacífico facing the Malecón and the beach. They have air condition and a balcony and are more expensive than the ones in the back.

In the back there is a garden with a swimming pool, which I unfortunately couldn’t use because of my wrist, and there are some hammocks and a pool table. In the restaurant you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (I have made a separate tip about the restaurant).

One of the best things was that Maria in the reception, and everyone else, was very kind and helpful. And help I needed. With only one hand to use I needed help every morning with simple things, like putting up my hair in a ponytail and to pour water from a six-litre bottle into my small bottles.

Nearby Hotel Pacifico

5 Photos of Hotel Pacifico

View Professional Photos

Puerto López Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto López, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto López and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto López hotel reviews