Puerto Lopez, Provincia de Manabi, Ecuador

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hotel Pacífico

I had made no reservation before arriving in Puerto Lopez but hoped it would be okay anyway in the beginning of July. First I went to Hostal Maxima, which was cheap and looked nice, but unfortunately they didn’t have any available rooms with private bathroom. I really needed a private bathroom as I had broken my wrist and had had an operation only a few days earlier. I couldn’t carry things back and forth to a bathroom and everything, like showering and getting dressed, took much longer with only one hand to use.

I decided to go to Hotel Pacífico, which was not too far away. At Hotel Pacífico a room for one person was $25 (July 2012), but as I was staying for four nights I could have the room for $20 per night. The room was on the third floor in the back, and that was a good quiet location. In the room there was two beds with mosquito nets, a TV, a table, two chairs, a bedside table with a lamp (which unfortunately was too week for reading), shelves, hangers and a fan. It was a convenient room for me.

There are a few rooms at Hotel Pacífico facing the Malecón and the beach. They have air condition and a balcony and are more expensive than the ones in the back.

In the back there is a garden with a swimming pool, which I unfortunately couldn’t use because of my wrist, and there are some hammocks and a pool table. In the restaurant you can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (I have made a separate tip about the restaurant).

One of the best things was that Maria in the reception, and everyone else, was very kind and helpful. And help I needed. With only one hand to use I needed help every morning with simple things, like putting up my hair in a ponytail and to pour water from a six-litre bottle into my small bottles.

Comments