Hotel Samay

Backpacking Budget Travel
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Hotel Samay

by written on November 3, 2012

There are a few hotels in Baeza and after reading in the guidebooks I decided to check out Hotel Samay first. When the bus stopped just outside the doors of the hotel it was perfect. A kind woman told me the rooms with private bathroom was $10 (August 2012) and I went up to have a look. The room was okay so I stayed. There were two beds in the room, bedside tables, a chair and a TV. As the hotel is built in wood and the walls seem to be rather thin I was afraid to hear the TV from other rooms, but no one of the other people staying downstairs had the TV on load volume.

Three people arrived after me and I heard they were going to pay $6, but that was for the rooms with shared bathroom.

When I later had a closer look at the bathroom I realised it was not very clean, there was hair on the toilet seat and in the sink. When I saw this I went over to the bed and looked at the sheets and there were several hairs there as well. I went down and talked to the man, who soon came up to change sheets and clean the bathroom. Well, the new sheets were clean, but I can’t say the bathroom got any cleaner. He took the toilet brush and brushed around and sprayed something in the air.

Directions: On the main street in Baeza. Baeza Nueva.

5 Photos of Hotel Samay

Baeza Travel Forum

Need advice about Baeza, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Baeza and ask our Answer Gurus.

Baeza Travel Guide