Papallacta Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4938

Hostería Pampallacta Termales

Hostería Pampallacta Termales is situated above Papallacta village on the road to Termas de Papallacta (the Balneario and the Spa). Before coming to Papallacta I thought it was difficult to know where I should stay. Why I chose Hostería Pampallacta Termales was because I had read they had fireplaces in each room and I didn’t want to stay in a very cold place. Coming there it was nice to find out that the Balneario was not very far away.

The best in my room was the fireplace. When it was time to go to bed I got a fire lit and it kept the room warm during the night. Besides the fireplace and bed there were two small tables in the room (but no bedside table) and a few hangers. It would have been good with some more hangers to hang wet swimwear and towels on after visiting the baths.

In the bathroom there is thermal spring water in the tap, shower and toilet. There is also a large stone bath tube that can be filled with warm water for a relaxing bath.

In the hotel there are a few small pools with thermal water. There is a restaurant and in the restaurant there is also Wi-Fi (which I didn’t try as I am not travelling with phone or computer).

For the room I paid $35 (August 2013). Breakfast is included.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Backpacking
  • Written September 11, 2013

Hoster��a Pampallacta Termales

• toonsarah profile photo toonsarah
  • Reviews: 3504

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Papallacta des Termes: Splashing out

There are cheaper places to stay in Papallacta, and indeed it’s possible to visit on a day-trip from Quito, but we decided to splurge on a night at its most upmarket hotel, the Termas de Papallacta, and were not disappointed. The hotel consists of a central building, with attractive lobby (and mezzanine with a few computers for public use), bar and large dining room. From here corridors lead to exits, passing a few cosy corners en route, and from these exits footpaths wind past small hot pools to the individual cabins. Ours was one of about a dozen grouped round a couple of these smaller pools, to which residents have exclusive access. It was simply but nicely decorated, and a good size with a large double bed and a single, plenty of storage and a bathroom with a Jacuzzi-cum-shower. Like all the cabins it was heated by a central system that utilises the freely available hot water, but fortunately a separate electric heater was provided, as the room was large and the basic heating inadequate to deal with the chilly weather – Papallacta is considerably higher even than Quito, at 3,225 metres. The public rooms too were a little cold, so do remember to bring a jumper.

A good buffet breakfast was included with our stay – fresh fruit (papaya, melon and pineapple), juices, decent coffee, breads, cheeses and cold meats, ham and eggs. This is served in the large restaurant in the main building. We ate our other meals here too, but I’ll cover those in a separate tip as the restaurant is open to non-residents.

The little hot pools right outside the door make this a special environment. In the end we didn’t make use of ours, as we’d spent much of the afternoon in the pools at the spa, and these seemed less hot (and the evening colder!) But a few couples were soaking there during the evening and if we’d stayed another night I have a feeling we’d have done the same.

Next tip: the hotel’s restaurant

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written January 25, 2013
Tip Photo

Evening view from our cabin

• malianrob profile photo malianrob
  • Reviews: 962

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Termas de Papallacta: Relax in the hot springs

This is actually a spa resort. When I first came to Papallacta the hotel wasnt here i dont think. Or maybe now they just enlarged it. But there is room for about 120 people. You can stay here or just use their pools for the day. They also have night swimming.

There are 8 warm and hot water pools here. 3 cold water pools and one river water pool. You can hike here, horseback riding and have a spa medicinal treatment.

• Opinion of Price: about average