Augusto Rueda #190 y 15 de Noviembre, Tena, Ecuador

Tags

Backpacking Budget Travel
MalenaN's Profile Photo

by written on September 24, 2013

When I came to the hotel I was shown a room on the ground floor, in a smaller building on the side. The room was quite dark and damp, and there was a mouldy smell. It didn’t feel like it was a room I would feel comfortable in and didn’t want to stay there for four nights. I had a look at the two terasses, but still felt the room was not good.

The man in the reception said that besides that room they only had much more expensive rooms facing the river, and with A/C. I didn’t want that and sat down to have a look in my guidebook to see where else I could go. Another man came and he said there would be a room with fan available later, it was just not cleaned jet.

I had a look at the room, which was situated on the second floor (1st to some) in the main building. The room had a large window and a lot of light. I liked that room, so I went to eat lunch while it was cleaned.

The bed was comfortable and there was a lamp above the bed, there were bedside tables and another table, a chair, a TV and hangers. In the bathroom there was a large mirror and a long bench in front of it to put things on.

Breakfast was served at 7:15 – 9:00. It included fruits, bread, butter, jam, juice and coffee, tea or chocolate.

For four nights I paid $87 (August 2013).

• Hostal Los Yutzos Hotel Tena

Address: Augusto Rueda #190 y 15 de Noviembre, Tena, Ecuador

5 Photos of Hostal Los Yutzos

View Professional Photos

Tena Travel Forum

Need advice about Tena, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Tena and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Tena