La Posada de Mindo

Backpacking Budget Travel
MalenaN's Profile Photo

La Posada de Mindo

by written on December 30, 2012

I like Casa de Cecilia but I had slept very badly and really needed to sleep so after breakfast I went to look for another place. The people I had met when travelling to Mindo had recommended La Posada de Mindo so I went there.

Downstairs there is a restaurant and upstairs there are rooms. I was shown a room with private bathroom and it looked nice. For one night, including breakfast, it was $15 (July 2012). It is also a wooden building so if there are many people there might be some noise, but at the moment it was very empty and there didn’t seem to be anyone else staying there. I went back to Casa de Cecilia to get my things and when I came back to Posada de Mindo I was told that I could get a cabin in the back for $20 including breakfast. I had a look at the cabin and chose to stay there.

In the cabin, beside the bed, there were bedside tables with lamps. There was a TV, which didn’t work, and hangers. Up a ladder there was another bed. Outside the cabin there was a hammock, a good place to rest in with a book after the afternoon walk.

As I was exhausted I wanted to go to bed early and just as I was going to turn off the light a car arrived. Two more people arrived and they also stayed in a cabin. Even if there was one empty cabin between ours I could hear them. They also went out to eat and I heard them when they came back. Just because I knew how badly I needed to sleep it was difficult.

In the morning I was ready for breakfast before 8am but the main building was empty. I thought of taking a short walk but the gates were locked (later I found out that one of the doors in the wall wasn’t locked). I started to look around for someone and when I didn’t want to wait any longer I went over to the house where the owners lived and called out. Eventually someone appeared and I was told that on Saturdays they don’t serve breakfast until 8.30 as that is how most people want to have it during weekends. Well, I got my breakfast and it consisted of fresh fruits, a fruit juice, bread, butter, jam, eggs and coffee.

Directions: Two blocks from the main square

5 Photos of La Posada de Mindo

Mindo Travel Forum

Need advice about Mindo, Ecuador? Visit the Travel Forum for Mindo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mindo hotel reviews

Transportation
Bird watching
Several nice restaurants in Mindo
Restaurants
Houses behind the main street
hiking the rainforest